Blu, Amazon Tussle Over Smartphone Privacy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_227

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I just got a BLU XL2 a few months ago. Fantastic phone for a dirt cheap price. The privacy thing sucks, but I don't really care if China can see what I'm texting to my friends, none of it is really private anyways.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
I find it laughable that Amazon claims to be concerned with the "security and privacy" of it's customers considering the Echo has the ability to record and transmit everything that's said within range of it's microphone back to Amazon...which is an invasion of privacy itself. I guess Amazon wants to be the only company invading the privacy of their "customers"....

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
The reply from Blu that the current version has "data collection that pose no security or privacy risk" is laughable.
I think it's more correct to state that the risks involved are not significantly greater than if you use any of the more mainstream smartphones that have Apple or Google track your every move.

My best guess would be that the gathering of data is less sensitive with Blu, but the risk of mis-use might be a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.