[SOLVED] Blu-Ray Player Used to Transfer Data to Computer

EddieK

Prominent
Oct 21, 2021
I wasn't really sure where to post this.

I have 2 stand-alone table top DVD/Blu-Ray players used for TVs. I was wondering if it's possible to hook one of them up to my CPU (maybe USB input?) so I can rip a Blu-Ray movie using a software that will allow me to upload it and play it from my Plex server? I have a standard CD player/writer on my computer but it's not Blu-Ray compatible. I just don't know if those two TV Blu-Ray players will even be read by the computer or not. Of if the software will detect it so I can rip them.

I only have two Blu-Ray movies that I need to rip and I did not see a reason to buy a computer Blu-Ray player for my desktop for $50+. Trying to find a used one but the price is not that much cheaper.

Any suggestions if what I said previously does not work?

Thank you.

Solution

I have 2 stand-alone table top DVD/Blu-Ray players used for TVs. I was wondering if it's possible to hook one of them up to my CPU (maybe USB input?) so I can rip a Blu-Ray movie using a software that will allow me to upload it and play it from my Plex server? I have a standard CD player/writer on my computer but it's not Blu-Ray compatible. I just don't know if those two TV Blu-Ray players will even be read by the computer or not. Of if the software will detect it so I can rip them.

I only have two Blu-Ray movies that I need to rip and I did not see a reason to buy a computer Blu-Ray player for my desktop for $50+. Trying to find a used one but the price is not that much cheaper...

I only have two Blu-Ray movies that I need to rip and I did not see a reason to buy a computer Blu-Ray player for my desktop for $50+. Trying to find a used one but the price is not that much cheaper.

Any suggestions if what I said previously does not work?

Thank you.
You need a flashed Blu-Ray drive. Check out MakeMKV. You can look in the "drives" forums and ask around for someone to sell you a flashed drive. You can also flash one yourself but it's a difficult process. Then you can download the Makemkv software and start ripping. This is the ONLY way to make 1:1 backups of your Blu-Ray disc's. Be sure you have ample storage space as Blu-Ray is huge files.

Solution

EddieK

Prominent
Oct 21, 2021
Hi. My apologies for not getting back sooner.

I currently do not know what the models are other than one is a Samsung and the other is LG. But that doesn't help much does it? I don't think either one of them has the video output other than HDMI.

Flashdrive is interesting. Don't know anybody that does it. I do use MakeMKV for all my rips. I just have two movies that are Blu-Ray and I don't know of anyone that has them, Band of Brothers and Unknown.

Right now, I have more pressing tasks to deal with. Again, I am sorry that I have not responded sooner.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 14196

You need a flashed Blu-Ray drive. Check out MakeMKV. You can look in the "drives" forums and ask around for someone to sell you a flashed drive. You can also flash one yourself but it's a difficult process. Then you can download the Makemkv software and start ripping. This is the ONLY way to make 1:1 backups of your Blu-Ray disc's. Be sure you have ample storage space as Blu-Ray is huge files.
I have software that decrypts the bd. Use it with a bd writer. 80$ drive. 80$ software. It can do for one to one back ups if you want to. But I prefer to rip it to an iso and then use handbrake to make my MP4 or MKV files

TRENDING THREADS