Question Blue Screen Error - Critical Process Died

Colif

Win 11 Master
Critical process died is a windows error, not a driver error... so lets see if we can fix windows

have you run chkdsk on boot drive?
open command prompt (with admin rights)
type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
2 paragraphs will pop up, type Y and press enter to agree to run at startup.
restart PC and let chkdsk run

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I will get someone to convert dumps for me, just to see what file it is blaming.

Reactions: GauravRawat

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/hHpz.html The pste.eu site has been having problems the last few days so if this doesn't work I'll repost later.

File information:070119-28921-01.dmp (Jul 2 2019 - 02:38:00)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

System: OptiPlex 990
Homepage: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-990
There is a BIOS update available for your system (A24). You are using version A03. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

The BIOS is showing that you have 6 GB of RAM. Is this correct?

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: GauravRawat

GauravRawat

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 2, 2019
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/hHpz.html The pste.eu site has been having problems the last few days so if this doesn't work I'll repost later.

File information:070119-28921-01.dmp (Jul 2 2019 - 02:38:00)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

System: OptiPlex 990
Homepage: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-990
There is a BIOS update available for your system (A24). You are using version A03. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

The BIOS is showing that you have 6 GB of RAM. Is this correct?

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Thank you for your support. I appreciate that and as you asked yes i have 6 gb ram.

GauravRawat

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 2, 2019
Critical process died is a windows error, not a driver error... so lets see if we can fix windows

right click start button
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I will get someone to convert dumps for me, just to see what file it is blaming.

I will try it on my computer and will pdate you immediately.

GauravRawat

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 2, 2019

right click start button

He I tried it but didnt work. can you convert the dump files please?

Colif

Win 11 Master
That isn't a critical process died error - it appears you have a corrupted registry - 0xc0000006 is NTSTATUS code. More precisely, it is STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR

one way to fix it is
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this loads you into a blue menu at startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info (it is meant to fix incorrect registry keys)

try updating virtualbox

try doing a clean boot and see if you get the same -
make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

see more options here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c0000006/9cd08208-900a-4140-af8e-112ca54be4e7

GauravRawat

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 2, 2019
That isn't a critical process died error - it appears you have a corrupted registry - 0xc0000006 is NTSTATUS code. More precisely, it is STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR

one way to fix it is
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this loads you into a blue menu at startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info (it is meant to fix incorrect registry keys)

try updating virtualbox

try doing a clean boot and see if you get the same -
make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

see more options here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c0000006/9cd08208-900a-4140-af8e-112ca54be4e7

Colif I got the blue screen for 2 times and then installed a new window on my pc now do you think it is the registry? because it wold be fixed after installation. But i will try your steps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are they the same errors? those solutions i offered were for that error, may not help others.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

GauravRawat

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 2, 2019
Colif I think i got the problem i used a second hard drive and it worked just fine means my first hardrive has tha fault then after thinking enough i get that when i activated my window then afterwards it behaved badly. now i am not gonna use activator.

Thank you for your support Colif.

TRENDING THREADS