[SOLVED] Blue screen loop after upgrading new cpu

TiagoCarrilho

Prominent
Nov 22, 2022
I just upgraded my Ryzen 5 3600 to a Ryzen 9 5900x, before doing this I updated my bios. At first it was working fine but after 5 minutes the pc flashes a blue screen and goes to starting automatic repair, but during the repair the blue screen appears again and finally decides to restart, but when the restart is over only the fans are working and it doesn’t fully restart, but if I manually turn the pc off and try to turn it on after a while, all of this happens again in a loop.

Gpu: Radeon RX 6800 XT
Psu: RM850x
Motherboard: B450 Gaming Plus Max

Solution
What cooler are you using?

Using 4 sticks of RAM you might try bumping RAM voltage just a bit over what XMP sets, ie: if 1.45v try 1.46-1.47v

Well, that cooler is just not even half good enough for the 5900x. I'm surprised your temps (and fans) haven't been screaming at you.

Bump the SOC voltage up a notch too. That might help a little.

Using 4 dimms puts a bit of pressure on the IMC of these chips. So kicking it up one or tow notches may bring instability,

Have you tested each DIMM separately, and or kits matched, do you still have the same issues?

TiagoCarrilho

Prominent
Nov 22, 2022
Hey there,

I'd try a CMOS clear if you haven't already. Then try again.

What bios are you running? Also, what exact ram?
Just finished the CMOS clear, the pc started working fine but after some minutes and opening chrome it happens again. I did had the time to open my amd software and I saw that the cpu was with a temperature of around 70 degrees Celsius…
My bios update is the most recent one (7B86vHH1(Beta version))
And my ram is 8 x 4 (f4 3200c16d-16gls)

Just finished the CMOS clear, the pc started working fine but after some minutes and opening chrome it happens again. I did had the time to open my amd software and I saw that the cpu was with a temperature of around 70 degrees Celsius…
My bios update is the most recent one (7B86vHH1(Beta version))
And my ram is 8 x 4 (f4 3200c16d-16gls)

Using 4 sticks of RAM you might try bumping RAM voltage just a bit over what XMP sets, ie: if 1.45v try 1.46-1.47v

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Well, that cooler is just not even half good enough for the 5900x. I'm surprised your temps (and fans) haven't been screaming at you.

Bump the SOC voltage up a notch too. That might help a little.

Using 4 dimms puts a bit of pressure on the IMC of these chips. So kicking it up one or tow notches may bring instability,

Have you tested each DIMM separately, and or kits matched, do you still have the same issues?

Solution

TiagoCarrilho

Prominent
Nov 22, 2022
Roland's correct. That cooler is nowhere near good enough. I run the same chip, check out the cooler in my signature. You don't have to go that large, but you need to get something better than the 3600 cooler.
Thank you all for the help, I’m looking for a new cooler (I found the Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB very good, what do you guys think?)