[SOLVED] Bluetooth in Windows 10 is creating multiple 'Devices' for the same phone everytime I connect

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Hello All,

The title may sound confusing.

I am using a Bluetooth Adapter like this one: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0117H7GZ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Although the phone is already paired with the system, but still whenever I want to transfer the files, Windows will ask me to pair it again (although my phone's name does appear on the list of already paired devices) . And also creates "New Devices" every time I transfer the files. Screenshot below:

Felicia is the name of my Phone. 😇
The same happens in my phone as well. My PC's name is already in the list of paired devices, but it will search for it again and will ask to pair with my PC again, thereby making multiple instances of the same device.

I do not face any challenges while transfering the files. But would like to know why is this happening? Is it because of the Bluetooth Adapter?

Thank you.

Solution
it is probably the adaptor i bought the same kind CSR 4.0 generic. it was very bad (still is someone else is using it and complaining), i would have to pair my stuff everytime i wanted to use it. but my new motherboard has built-in bluetooth so now everything works fantastic.
Apr 8, 2020
it is probably the adaptor i bought the same kind CSR 4.0 generic. it was very bad (still is someone else is using it and complaining), i would have to pair my stuff everytime i wanted to use it. but my new motherboard has built-in bluetooth so now everything works fantastic.

Reactions: akaikisaki
Solution

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014

Thank you for the info.

Do you keep the Computer Bluetooth On all the time, or turn it off when you're not using it?