Question Bluetooth joypad issues

Sep 29, 2023
Hi everyone!

I have a bluetooth joypad Ipega PG-9083S that I use with my windows desktop computer, I use it along x360ce for games that need xinput, it's a very cheap joypad but it's good enough for me and worked well without issues so far for a long time.
The joypad works as usual if I connect it to my laptop, but on my desktop, after moving the bluetooth dongle to a different port it stopped recognizing keypresses, the joypad can pair and connect to the computer.
Opening joy.cpl I can't see its usual key layout instead that's what is showing:
ShVX16N.png

The settings tab:
UMXcVmz.png

Instead of showing two analogs sticks, one d-pad and 12 buttons I see no analog sticks, no d-pad, and 32 buttons that won't light up when pressing any joypad button.

I am running Windows 10 22H2, system is updated and doesn't present any other issue, tried running sfc /scannow and dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but nothing changed and I'm kinda baffled since it works as usual if I connect it to my laptop, so what's wrong should be in my system.

Did this happen to anybody?

My dongle is an ewent EW1085 Revision 4 that is a Bluetooth 5.3 usb dongle.
Both the dongle and the joypad manufacture don't provide any downloadable drivers.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: spelling

Sep 29, 2023
The first thing I would try is to get a new BT dongle and pair with it to see if the issues resolve.
I don't have another dongle lying around, I'll ask some friends if they have one to lend let's see how it goes, thanks.