[SOLVED] Bluetooth on new card not working ?

danwellman

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
Hello,

I have a Windows 10 PC with an Asus Hero Maximus XI motherboard (but not the wifi version), and I want to run a bluetooth keyboard.
I just bought an Asus PCE-AX3000 WiFi/Bluetooth card, fitted it to a PCE-E x1 slot on the motherboard and installed the drivers from the manufacturer's CD - this all went smoothly.

The wi-fi seems to be working, I can enable a hotspot on the PC and I can see the hotspot on my phone, however Bluetooth does not seem to be working - there is not an icon to enable it in the settings/action centre and if I try to add a Bluetooth device in settings it just says bluetooth is not enabled.

The AX3000 card did come with a USB cable, but the instructions were not clear on whether it needed to be fitted or not - I'm guessing it does and this is why Bluetooth is not working? If I do need to connect, I'm not 100% sure where to connect it on the motherboard. The Asus website says that there are 4 internal USB headers, but the manual for the motherboard only shows the locations of two of them (which are already in use). There is another 9 pin header on the motherboard, right next to the battery but it is unlabelled on the board. Is this another USB header? Or is it the BIOS flash header or something?

I've attached a (poor quality - sorry!) picture showing the location if this helps

motherboard image

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
I ended up unplugging one of the existing headers. One was for my AIO sensor so I left that one in and the other was for the front-panel USB 2 - don't think I've ever connected anything to those sockets anyway :')

Bluetooth seems to be working now, thanks for the help

Lutfij

Titan
ROG_Maximus_XI_Hero_Wi-Fi-1.jpg

FYI, the 9pin connector next to the CMOS battery is to help you physically plug to the BIOS chip and aid in flashing it, if the onboard BIOS programmer doesn't work for some reason. Try connecting the USB cable at the rear of the card. Page 1-2, in your motherboard manual, labelled 15 are your USB2.0 ports.

danwellman

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
FYI, the 9pin connector next to the CMOS battery is to help you physically plug to the BIOS chip and aid in flashing it, if the onboard BIOS programmer doesn't work for some reason. Try connecting the USB cable at the rear of the card. Page 1-2, in your motherboard manual, labelled 15 are your USB2.0 ports.

Ok thanks, good job I didn't plug in to that one then!

Both of the labelled USB headers are already in use sadly. Annoyingly, the Hero Xi web page seems to suggest there are 4 USB 2 headers on the board, but I can only see the two at the bottom right of the board :/

danwellman

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
I ended up unplugging one of the existing headers. One was for my AIO sensor so I left that one in and the other was for the front-panel USB 2 - don't think I've ever connected anything to those sockets anyway :')

Bluetooth seems to be working now, thanks for the help

Solution