[SOLVED] Bookmarks recovery on Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasin22

Honorable
Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

is there a way to recover Chrome bookmarks that were edited/lost? For example, to recover the state from 19/04/21 or so? I tried reaching out to support, but only found a phone for premium users.

After browsing several websites found a way to recover them from Bookmarks.bak file stored in AppData, but when I did it only brought back 40% of them, while the edited/new bookmarks still remain, which created a whole new mess.

Is there another way to revert all settings a day or few days back? Or could someone point me to Chrome Support if they can do it?

Edit: I also tried retrieving previous version of Chrome folder from AppData, but there are no previous versions to recover.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kasin22

Honorable
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks, does Google store some kind of backup data on their servers so they can recover my settings? I would be happy to reset the whole profile to the state fro 19/04/21 or before just to get the bookmarks back.

Kasin22

Honorable
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks, I kept researching the problem and it turns out the Bookmarks.bak file I have is correct and works just fine (all tabs are recovered), but only when I'm logged off. When I log in and sync it, the edited bookmarks are enforced and that 40/60 percent ratio correct/incorrect bookmarks monster is created yet again.

Is there a way to enforce the sync from the PC not the cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS