Feb 13, 2020
The boot light on my motherboard turned on and my computer refuses to boot. This happened when I woke it up, it refused to post and the boot light turned on. After a restart, it persisted. I'm using an Aorus B450 Pro Wifi. I'm stumped as to what the issue is as it booted just fine earlier.

If it helps, my other specs are:
Ryzen 7 2700x
16gb 3200mhz G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Gigabyte 2070 Super

Solution
Thanks for the extra information. When you say the "boot light" are you talking about the light on the case, or motherboard? Also, if the PC fans and lights are on, and they stay on, but there is no output, I would try uninstalling the GPU and trying to use the integrated graphics on the CPU (the motherboard HDMI or displayport ports) to see if for some reason its the GPU that isn't displaying video. Hope this helps :)

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there,

When you say that it won't boot, does it try to POST, and just turn off? Is there any way that you can describe what happens after you hit the power button so that I can better understand what the MOBO is doing? Is there by chance some sort of error code or error LED near a component that would narrow down what might be causing the problem?

I know that's a lot of questions, just trying to narrow down the possible issues. At first "glance" I can't really tell, but you could always try clearing CMOS and trying again. Hope this helps :)

Feb 13, 2020
Hi there,

When you say that it won't boot, does it try to POST, and just turn off? Is there any way that you can describe what happens after you hit the power button so that I can better understand what the MOBO is doing? Is there by chance some sort of error code or error LED near a component that would narrow down what might be causing the problem?

I know that's a lot of questions, just trying to narrow down the possible issues. At first "glance" I can't really tell, but you could always try clearing CMOS and trying again. Hope this helps :)
Clearing the CMOS from what I could tell did nothing. When I turn it on, I can see the fans and lights turn on, but there is no output at all, the monitor just stays black and the boot light stays on.

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Thanks for the extra information. When you say the "boot light" are you talking about the light on the case, or motherboard? Also, if the PC fans and lights are on, and they stay on, but there is no output, I would try uninstalling the GPU and trying to use the integrated graphics on the CPU (the motherboard HDMI or displayport ports) to see if for some reason its the GPU that isn't displaying video. Hope this helps :)

Solution
Feb 13, 2020
Alright, I took it to Micro Center to see what was wrong with it. The dude plugged in a monitor, etc, etc, and lo and behold it turned on and booted just fine. I have a feeling it was something with the HDD, but I'm not sure since it magically works now. Thanks for the advice though man.

Last edited: