Question Boot loop issue on new system

TERINO

Honorable
Jun 5, 2015
Drivers installed and PC goes into a temp-bootloop, stops on third, turns off everything except the RAM RGB. Avenues Exhausted.

I'll TL'DR this because its a issue thats really bugging and just need some reaffimation.
Spec;
  • X570: MB
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB: RAM
  • 3600 + Wraith Cooler : CPU
  • RTX 2080 : GPU
  • EVGA SuperNova 750 GT
  • 1TB 2.5" SSD, Windows Pro OS Ver 1909.
Booted fresh, installed Windows OS got through setup process, managed to download everything I needed as minimum; Discord, Spotify, Chrome, Steam, started downloading Destiny 2. Installed GeForce Experience, installed drivers recommened for 2080. As soon as a not-so-substantial load was put on, opening Chrome again for example. Semi-Automatic-Boot-Loop; as in it will go into a boot loop but would only be activated when getting to the lock screen and pressing a Key. Any Key.

Before it could die and anything was installed I had dont a restore point and backup drive. After crash I had recovered from backup drive with nothing on. PC lasted without crashing, no errors nothing. Previously and at this point MemTest was run on got to ~20k% no Errors. Temps showing at 35 for CPU, 30-40 on GPU(unsure but within this range). Manual install of RTX 2080 Drivers: version 457.30 released December 9th. This worked fine. No showing issues at this point.

I had installed Blender 2.91 and downloaded the BMW Demo File, this ran smooth and at 52% the PC did the ol' semi-automated-boot-loop; only activated when a key was pressed, then ran out of bullets after 2 tries and crashed on the 3rd where all that was left on was the RGB on the RAM. No Fans. no Fan RGB, no wrath cooler spin, no GPU lights or GPU fans running.

Booted in to recovery and not had any issues, this has been idle for about 30 mins and continuing.

Anything at this point. We have exhausted our avenues and have arrived at a dead end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
How do you still have a 1909 installer? If you've created your installer using Microsoft's utility, you should be on version 20H2. Make and model of your X570 chipset motherboard? Can you get into BIOS? If so, check and see what BIOS version you're currently on.

TERINO

Honorable
Jun 5, 2015
How do you still have a 1909 installer? If you've created your installer using Microsoft's utility, you should be on version 20H2. Make and model of your X570 chipset motherboard? Can you get into BIOS? If so, check and see what BIOS version you're currently on.

Regards to the installer, no idea its not mine.

The X570 is MSI, AM4 chipset.

BIOS version is E7C37AMS.A80

TRENDING THREADS