Question Boot to BIOS for seemingly no reason

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
Posting about this again a year later as it's still an annoying issue I never found a solution for.

I've tried nearly everything I can think of to fix this issue, with no progress. I've set boot order a million times, reset CMOS battery, reset BIOS to default, disabled fast boot, etc etc... to no avail. It's incredibly annoying to have to manually boot the SSD everytime the PC is turned on. I've pulled, cleaned, and inspected the CPU and socket. Nothing amiss. Nothing seems wrong in Windows.

I'm at a loss here.

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
Please show screenshot from Disk Management and
screenshot from BIOS - boot priority settings.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
View: https://imgur.com/a/cph59hv

hopefully that works. Interestingly, it re-enabled fast boot and I had to turn it off again. It resets after that ofc, and it didn't help anything, so I guess it didn't really matter. I've googled that error it gives on the first screen, the "set raid" error, and followed steps to try and resolve that with no change.

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
And screenshot from Disk Management?

BIOS is set to boot from SATA6G_5 (500GB).
When you boot manually, do you specify SATA6G_1 drive (1TB)?
No, Windows is on SATA5 drive, the original. It's always been set to boot from that one. Issue was present before the TB drive was introduced, but no, I boot the SATA5 drive.

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
Switched it to legacy only boot, changed nothing.
First BIOS screenshot suggests there is some problem with RAID mode enabled while there is obviously no RAID array on this machine. I would suggest to investigate in this direction.

What all should I do for this? To be honest, I don't even know what a RAID setup is.

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
Looked into the RAID thing... yeah, no, can say with certainty I've never set up anything like that. When the issue started, I didn't even have more than one drive. I'm betting this is the cause of the problem. Question is, what to try to fix it?

cv_02kr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
Check sata controller mode settings in BIOS. Should be set to AHCI.

Note - change of sata controller mode settings may require reinstallation of windows.
It's not set to raid... it's set to the proper AHCI.

View: https://imgur.com/a/7fvUvcy

I feel like I checked that at one point. There's no way it created a RAID configuration on its own? I mean it seems like a pretty in depth process to even accomplish. This is the only place in BIOS where I can find anything about RAID configuration at all. Just this one single setting.