Question Both monitors suddenly display "No Signal" when playing games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 1, 2019
Lately when I have been playing games my monitors will suddenly display "No Signal", as if they have been unplugged from the GPU. Only restarting the entire computer corrects the issue. I can hear game sounds and discord in the background after this happens so I know the system doesn't crash entirely, just the monitors seem to stop detecting the PC.

I have performed a clean install of the OS, cleaned the graphics drivers with DDU then reinstalled. I have also replaced the monitors, cables, PSU, and even GPU. No luck. I'm running out of ideas here and hoping someone can think of something I haven't tried.

Monitors: ACER S271HL
Old GPU: XFX RX 480 / New GPU: XFX RX 590 (happened with both)
AMD drivers are up to date: 19.11.3
Some games I can confirm the issue occurs with: Conan Exiles, No Man's Sky, Magic the Gathering: Arena

Dec 25, 2019
Sooo - I solved the problem as well. Sadly in a very different way.

I went on the AMD forums (I'm using a RX 5700) and the forums was full of complains of an issue identical to ours (black screen, pc still running, hard reset to only fix). AMD sort of acknowledged the issue but did not really mention a solution, and have been trying to resolve the issue with various driver updates (no luck till yet - 2-3 months of updates).

I got tired of wasting time - and ended up sending the card back, and buying a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super. And ofcourse, no more crashes at all. Everything is working perfectly fine (did that today morning).

Thanks for your help!