[SOLVED] Both my SSD and HDD are slowing down and causing issues while playing games/downloading things.

Nov 8, 2019
So I built my computer a little under a year ago with these specs:
RTX 2070
I7 8700k
16 GBs ram
My HDD was always seemingly slow, but recently my computer has been having a lot of issues with freezing and downloading stuff. It wont let me post the links to the screen shots so I'm going to try to put them in a comment.
I don't know about my SSD, but my HDD is clearly really really slow... Is there something I can do other than replace it, or is that the only solution. ALso does my SSD seem fine?

HDD
View: https://imgur.com/a/4il0lcB

SSD
View: https://imgur.com/a/8LWTMUc

Solution
How full are they? HDD's definitely slow down as they get more full, its the nature of recording onto a circular platter, Data on the outer edges moves faster then the ones nearer to the center.

SSD's can slow down as well if they run out of space for caching and maintenance work, such as garbage collection. This is why it's recommended to leave 10-20% of the drive empty. I intentionally partition the drive not to use the whole space.
Nov 8, 2019
and the model of the hdd and ssd?
I'm copy and pasting the names from Amazon/Newegg so there is probably way to much information and stuff but:
My HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC (ST1000DM010)Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC (ST1000DM010)
My SSD: Kingston A400 2.5" 480GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SA400S37/480G

popatim

Titan
How full are they? HDD's definitely slow down as they get more full, its the nature of recording onto a circular platter, Data on the outer edges moves faster then the ones nearer to the center.

SSD's can slow down as well if they run out of space for caching and maintenance work, such as garbage collection. This is why it's recommended to leave 10-20% of the drive empty. I intentionally partition the drive not to use the whole space.

Solution
Nov 8, 2019
benchmark result don't look too bad for the device.

defrag the hdd
I defragged the HDD I believe (clicked optimize on the defrag page)

My SSD is at 150/446 GB and my HDD is at 964GB/3.62TB

Nov 8, 2019
So does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix my problems? My computer has been getting some really bad lag recently when loading things... Do I need to buy a new SSD/HDD?