Mar 15, 2020
Hello guys i have intel i5 2400 3.1ghz and 8 gigs od ram i currently have 3 options to choose from
Rx 580 8gb
Rx 580 4b
Rx 570 4b
I made a little research and both rx 580 would give me bottleneck 23% so i wanted to ask is that too much? Maybe i should to with rx 570 since that gives a score of 7%
Also i will take PSU cooler master 650w bronze

Solution
Hello guys i have intel i5 2400 3.1ghz and 8 gigs od ram i currently have 3 options to choose from
Rx 580 8gb
Rx 580 4b
Rx 570 4b
I made a little research and both rx 580 would give me bottleneck 23% so i wanted to ask is that too much? Maybe i should to with rx 570 since that gives a score of 7%
As stated above, bottleneck calculators are worse than useless. They lead people to go with the wrong parts, in the chase of a misleading number.
They have no connection with reality.

In this particular case:
Your i5-2400 + RX580 = "23% bottleneck"
Your i5-2400 + RX570 = "7% bottleneck"

So you think you should go with the 570, because of the lower %.
The 570 is also lower overall...
Don’t use bottleneck calculators, they are misleading garbage.

If we assume 1080p you have a range of outcomes. Less cpu demanding games will work very with either a 570 or 580. However some newer cpu heavy games are going to perform poorly with an older quad core cpu regardless of gpu choice. This is just one reason why bottleneck calculators tell you nothing useful and actually mislead you.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

As @sizzling stated - and I cannot reiterate this enough, bottleneck calculators are trash. Every one of those calculators should be yanked off the web. They are worse than useless.

If you're going with 1080p @ 60Hz, the 580 8GB would be the best overall. I say this not knowing the prices, of course.

As for the PSU - Cooler Master makes good cases and fans. They do not make good PSUs. If you haven't bought it already, don't. Take a look at the first link in my sig - this is a MUST-READ for getting a good quality power supply.

USAFRet

Titan
Rx 580 8gb
Rx 580 4b
Rx 570 4b
As stated above, bottleneck calculators are worse than useless. They lead people to go with the wrong parts, in the chase of a misleading number.
They have no connection with reality.

In this particular case:
Your i5-2400 + RX580 = "23% bottleneck"
Your i5-2400 + RX570 = "7% bottleneck"

So you think you should go with the 570, because of the lower %.
The 570 is also lower overall performance!

The 'bottleneck' number is not what you should be chasing.
Performance is.

Reactions: King_V
Solution