[SOLVED] Brand new ADATA SSD runs way hot and throttle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2020
So i just got this SSD today , it's ADATA SU650 480GB and i was really surprised , at first i encountered a bug where data written was 700TB before even making a partition (spoiler alert : it's 25660TB after a couple of hours LOL) so this is not too much of a problem just a software bug

but then after monitoring for a bit i realized the temperature is WAY HIGH , my windows is on my other ssd and im not even using the ssd in anyway and it idles at 67C as i'm writing this , it was lower before but it is 67c right now

when it was cooler i did run crystaldisk and the speed was actually impressive but when i noticed the temp went higher than 70c i ran crystaldisk again and it throttled to hell (screenshots at the end)

So I can't really refund it but i think i can get another one , but what i'm scared of right now is that all of SU650 SSDs are this bad , is this the case?
gcDYqYP.jpg

VKS0pk4.jpg

Solution
Software bug and 67C at idle....that is a defective device.

Possibly update the firmware on it?
If that does not change it completely....get a new one. Either FREE from ADATA or whoever you bought it from. Or buy some other make drive.

USAFRet

Titan
So i just got this SSD today , it's ADATA SU650 480GB and i was really surprised , at first i encountered a bug where data written was 700TB before even making a partition (spoiler alert : it's 25660TB after a couple of hours LOL) so this is not too much of a problem just a software bug

but then after monitoring for a bit i realized the temperature is WAY HIGH , my windows is on my other ssd and im not even using the ssd in anyway and it idles at 67C as i'm writing this , it was lower before but it is 67c right now

when it was cooler i did run crystaldisk and the speed was actually impressive but when i noticed the temp went higher than 70c i ran crystaldisk again and it throttled to hell (screenshots at the end)

So I can't really refund it but i think i can get another one , but what i'm scared of right now is that all of SU650 SSDs are this bad , is this the case?
You got this today, and it is reporting 700TB already written? And after that25660TB?
Even if it is just a reporting bug, that needs to be fixed.

Why can you not get a refund? Have you contacted the retailer or ADATA?

Nov 19, 2020
You got this today, and it is reporting 700TB already written? And after that25660TB?
Even if it is just a reporting bug, that needs to be fixed.

Why can you not get a refund? Have you contacted the retailer or ADATA?
so yeah its just a software bug cause sentinel is reporting the right data written

but the fact that even after a restart its 66C and its not even running anything not even windows is worrying

the thing is : where i live we are not actually with direct contact with ADATA , there is a company here that warranty their products , it has 3 years of "exchange warranty" so that's why i can't really refund

mkcEHYK.jpg

USAFRet

Titan

If that does not change it completely....get a new one. Either FREE from ADATA or whoever you bought it from. Or buy some other make drive.

Solution
Nov 19, 2020

yeah i will contact them at 2 days since its the weekend , i think i can get another one from them , i'll just hope the other one is alright

funny thing is i was searching for this problem online and there were a couple of others with the same issue ! so that's why i was worried that all SU650's are CRAP lol

also this is the latest firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.