Brand new build wont post and cpu fan not spinning

pinguin05365

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
My brand new computer wont post the screen just stays black doesnt come out of sleep i notice that the cpu fan doesnt start spinning everything else works any troubleshooting i can do ? (First build) i checked the cable and the pins where the cpu fan plugs in and i see no problems im a little bit scared since this is my first build and i think i broke something what can this be or how can i fix it any ideas ?
Specs:
motherboard : asus prime b350-plus
Cpu: amd ryzen 5 1600X
Case: nzxt s340
Ram : corsair vengeance lpx 16 gb 2x8gb
Psu: cooler master v650 80+gold
Cpu cooler : thermalright le grand macho rt
Video card: msi geforce gtx 1070 8gb

Solution
ok. Now to put it in the case. Power off. Remove the graphics card and power cables.
Check the case standoffs. Make sure that each standoff does match a board screw hole.
Install the board, power cables, graphics card and test again.

pinguin05365

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Connected the 8 pin connector before already and didnt work i removed the heatsink now got rid of the thermo pasta i checked if the cpu was placed wrong nope everything was correct installed

pinguin05365

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I have readed something that says maybe it doesnt post because the fan isnt working and then the the motherboard detects it and thats why it wont turn on to like save the cpu ?

pinguin05365

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
What i noticed to out of the case with only front panel connectors, 24 pin and 8 pin i could turn the power off by doing hard shutdown by holding the power button as before i only could turn it on with the power button and had to turn it off with power supply

ok. Now to put it in the case. Power off. Remove the graphics card and power cables.
Check the case standoffs. Make sure that each standoff does match a board screw hole.
Install the board, power cables, graphics card and test again.

Solution

pinguin05365

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I did what you asked i installed the motherboard in the case with the gpu cpu and cooler everything is working but the temperature is still 41 degrees idle cpu fan running at 605 rpm and only one ram stick in the motheboard what do i do now ?