So I have built my first PC 2 weeks ago, the specs are:

Ryzen5 2600
Rx 580 sapphire pulse 8gb
B450 tomahawk
16gb ddr4 corsair lpx 3000mhz
Kingston a400 480gb SSD
Corsair 650w CX
NZXT H500

So first the PC worked perfectly the first week and i didn’t overclock anything but my ram from 2133mhz to 3000mhz.I didn’t touch the cpu or anything else in the bios.A few days ago I was playing some GTA V and my screen just freezed and a horrible constant noise was coming to my headphones.I had to hard reset the PC with the button on the case.I already had this expirience with my really old PC which was the reason of buying a new one and this happened again.I am so angry in fact that I might actually switch to console.I monitored all my temps and the cpu wasnt going over 70 deegres in more demanding games and was around 45 to 50 when in chrome.I am using the cooler that came with the processor.Next thing I did was a fresh reinstall of windows and not overclocking the ram.So everything was at default.It ran ok the fitst hour and the when i was in chrome watching youtube the screen went black and my mouse and keyboard stopped showing RGB lighting and headphones were silent but the PC was still going i could see al the fans spinning and the RGB from the motherboard.I had to hard reset again and I didn’t use my PC since yesterday when that happened.Im 16 yrs old and this restart/freeze thing marked my childhood horribly.If someome could help please do!Thank you in advance!!

Thats a pretty decent OC on 2133mhz memory.

Like the guy above me said, run MemTest86 and see if you get any errors, if you do then that leads us to believe its a memory issue.

Have you tried de-activating the OC on the memory and seeing if the problem persists? EDIT: I see you did try that.

Yes try to run memtest to make sure your memory is stable.

Geef

Distinguished
This happened to me also a long time ago but I know I didn't change any memory settings. I think it went away about the same time I undervolted my RX 580 back when I had one. I used MSI Afterburner and did a -18mv.

Sep 30, 2019
Hey guys so I did the memtest86 and the results were perfect.0 errors.Tried reseating the CPU and now i will see if the restarts will happen again.I will let you know if its still happening.Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS