[SOLVED] Brand New MBP just shuts down at specific battery percentage

Oct 5, 2019
Hello,
this is my second base MacBook Pro after i returned the first one because it had exactly the same issue.

It works perfectly fine until it reaches around 80% of battery life, then it immediately shuts down and wont respond to any input.

After plugging it in, it works perfectly fine, but shuts down instantly after pulling out the cable.

On the other MBP i tried resetting the SMC multiple times, but that didn't help at all, so I haven't even tried that this time.

Does anyone have an idea or experience on how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance :)

Oct 5, 2019
First of all, thanks for the quick response, appreciate it :)
And yes, it shuts down very predictably at like 78% or so, the MacBook I returned always shut down at 80%, no matter what I tried. I didn’t calibrate the battery yet, but I am sceptical if it will even go past that 78% mark, and the article you linked said this: “However, it is worth noting that Apple says newer models are pre-calibrated and so this approach won’t work for them.”. I got to admit that I didn’t quite scan through all the options listed on that article, which I’ll do next, but until then I wish you a goodnight, provided that it’s late too where you live ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk