[SOLVED] Brand new PC making blaring alarm sound when playing games.

Apr 29, 2024
I just built a new pc and every game I load up causes my pc to make a blaring continuous beep/alarm. I can't find any solution and have no idea what is wrong. Here is the machine I built.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NyQtFs

I have the adrenaline software and it is not reading a cpu temp. The one and only bios change I made was set ram too xmp 1. I am not overclocking(at least not on purpose or I know about) and my Mhz on graphic card skyrockets to above 2500 Mhz during gameplay.

I am loading my games from a separate m.2 nvme 2tb ssd in the m2b_cpu slot pci express 4.0 bus lane.

Solution
As an experiment, remove the side cover of your case and see if the noise goes away (trying to isolate a heat/airflow issue).

Also, try setting the memory setting (in your BIOS) back to default. Once again, part of isolating the issue.

Is your motherboard BIOS the most current version available for it?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As an experiment, remove the side cover of your case and see if the noise goes away (trying to isolate a heat/airflow issue).

Also, try setting the memory setting (in your BIOS) back to default. Once again, part of isolating the issue.

Solution
Apr 29, 2024

Is your motherboard BIOS the most current version availabl

Okay I disabled xmp. Removed side of case.

I believe I did get the latest gigabyte software for the b650.

After disabling xmp I do believe it has fixed the problem. Do not quote me but it is not happening.
My MHz for my gpu is still in the 2k range and my cpu temp is still not registering in adrenaline amd.

cpu temps still not over 62

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It seems to have been fixed by turning off xmp ram. My gpu temps are really solid. 60-70 4k on ark ascended on an xtx. You think I am overheating?
Yes, something is. Could be one of your m.2 SSDs. Your memory seating, as mentioned earlier, is important but if all is recognized you are likely okay. Easy to re-seat and verify.

Removing the side cover allowed for more air (cooling) into the case.

When you installed your SSDs, did you remove the plastic film that is often used on any motherboard included heatsinks that are used to protect the thermal pads?

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
Apr 29, 2024
Yes, something is. Could be one of your m.2 SSDs. Your memory seating, as mentioned earlier, is important but if all is recognized you are likely okay. Easy to re-seat and verify.

Removing the side cover allowed for more air (cooling) into the case.

When you installed your SSDs, did you remove the plastic film that is often used on any motherboard included heatsinks that are used to protect the thermal pads?
I did on the two I installed. I left the plastic on the one the third one I didn't install. I am realizing that might have been a bad move now.

Again I disabled xmp and it seems fine now. I can try taking plastic off the third m.2 slot and reseating my ram?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I did on the two I installed. I left the plastic on the one the third one I didn't install. I am realizing that might have been a bad move now.

Again I disabled xmp and it seems fine now. I can try taking plastic off the third m.2 slot and reseating my ram?
The film can remain if the slot is not populated. When you removed the XMP setting, the memory slowed down. Memory can overheat, but is not a common concern. If you had been massively OCing then that might be of more concern.

Try re-enabling the XMP profile (with the side cover off) to see what happens.

At this point, my spidey senses are tingling at your SSDs.

Are you monitoring their temperatures? If so, with what?

Also, are you running the most recent AMD chipset drivers, directly from AMD?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am5/b650.html

Apr 29, 2024
The film can remain if the slot is not populated. When you removed the XMP setting, the memory slowed down. Memory can overheat, but is not a common concern. If you had been massively OCing then that might be of more concern.

Try re-enabling the XMP profile (with the side cover off) to see what happens.

At this point, my spidey senses are tingling at your SSDs.

Are you monitoring their temperatures? If so, with what?

Also, are you running the most recent AMD chipset drivers, directly from AMD?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am5/b650.html
No I am not monitoring ssd. I am new to building myself. What software should I use?

I am downloading that chipset now.

I have a 500gb OS ssd and a 2tb ssd for games. I put the OS ssd in the pdie5 lane and the game ssd m.2 nvme 2tb in the m2b_cpu slot pci express 4.0 bus lane.

Apr 29, 2024