Question Brand New PC randomly restarts with no error messages ?

Oct 4, 2024
So I just had this PC built at Micro Centre a week ago as of today and after a few days of use it began to randomly restart with no error message. A key thing with these restarts is that when they happen, everything ceases to function one bit at a time. First, my bluetooth audio goes out and this is when I know it's about to happen. The video I'm watching will still be playing but it might get pretty laggy. Then i lose functionality for interacting with all but 1 application which I'll be able to use for a short period of time before that also stops functioning.

Usually it's my browser where I can swap tabs and scroll, but I cannot play videos or refresh a page because by then my wifi is gone I just can't tell. I'm usually able to Alt + Tab to different application windows but they're all frozen in time. After about 4ish minutes of this purgatorial shut down, the monitor will finally cut out and show "No Signal", followed shortly by the sound of my Bluetooth speaker re-connecting to the PC as the PC has just restarted.

Here's my specs: Let me know if I need to give more info than this

It has restarted when I'm gaming, when I'm just watching Youtube, when I'm at work and left the computer idle or downloading something. It restarts multiple times a day, usually an hour or more in-between restarts but it has restarted twice in 15 minutes one time. I just had a restart where I had a game running for several hours, then switched to a different game, and then closed said game, and as the computer had nothing going on except a video playing, it froze and began the restart process.

Things I've tried where a restart occurred after:
  • Memtest: Came back with nothing.
  • /scannow in cmd: Found corrupt files and cleaned them up.
  • Verified that all my drivers are up to date, I'm using Armoury Crate to keep everything up to date.
  • I've tried to monitor temperatures, voltage, and fan RPM using Armoury Crate and everything appears normal.
  • Changing Power Settings in Control Panel
  • - I've swapped from Balanced plan to High Performance
  • Disabled "Restart if System Failure" setting.
  • Checked Event Viewer but haven't seen anything that might indicate what's happening - not that I would know as I'm not tech savvy at all.
  • Turned off all hibernation and sleep settings in Control Panel
  • Updating to the latest optional update for Windows
Other fixes I've tried that I can't remember, I've been troubleshooting this for days now.

Additionally, all my parts are brand new from Amazon, nothing is refurbished or used. The only thing I haven't tried is updating my BIOS as a new version came out 13 days after the versions I'm on now (Sept 5th update vs Sept 18th update). but I'll be damned if that's really the cause.

I've got work all day tomorrow so I'll check back here when I get home.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2024
Firstly, what's you PSU looking like? Though you did say voltages are normal, voltage alone can't tell much in terms of a power delivery issue, from what I know (I don't know much)

And second, have you tried booting and testing in safe mode?

Could either be an electrical issue or software related. Could also be someone messing with you Haha.