[SOLVED] Brand new x570 Gaming Plus MSI mobo + brand new Ryzen 5600x — computer powers on but no display and stuck in flash bios for over an hour now..

pixieplease

Honorable
Aug 13, 2018
Like the title says. The bios update I am using is from the 4th of November (version 7C37vAB / Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C) and it's on a FAT32 USB drive. Do I just let it go over night or is this abnormal? No display so I can't even tell if it's updating or what percentage, if any. Anything else I can do?

The CPU error light on the mobo is on at the moment as well and I already tightened all screws, tightened all cables, and reseated the cpu/ram. Win10, GTX 1070ti, ram is two 8gb Corsair LTX Vengeance.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue!

Mobo: B550-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5600x

Stuck in "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting.

What could be the problem here?

Nov 20, 2020
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue!

Mobo: B550-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5600x

Stuck in "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting.

What could be the problem here?

I had exactly the same issue with a asus tuf gaming x570 plus and ryzen 5600x

The light for the ram was lit up on the mainboard and i initially thought that was the issue. It was not.
I just could not enter the bios and was stuck at the splash screen.

I just brought it in to a repair shop and they simply put in an old ryzen 3000 series cpu, were then able to access the bios and do the update to support ryzen 5000.

If you have a friend with a ryzen 3000, you could just borrow that or if you are in my situation, just to to a shop and let them do it. Cost me only 40 bucks and was done in less than 1h.