Question Broke RTX 2080? after installing waterblock

Jun 11, 2020
So I decided to do a custom watecooling loop and I installed a barrow GPU waterblock to my Dual asus rtx 2080. After completing my build, everything was fine for a few weeks.

suddenly, I tried turning on my pc and booting into windows but then it lost connection from my monitor and displays “no signal”. It can go into the bios, but it wont boot to windows. I took apart my system and tried the gpu on a different pc I had, and it shows the same problem, displaying “no signal” after the windows boot loading screen.

I really dont know what to do, I think I broke it because it wont output to the monitor, but because it could go into the bios, is it really broken? I got a ryzen 7 3700x (no onboard graphics) so if the gpu really is broken, couldn’t I go into the bios being displayed on the monitor in the first place?

What should I do to try and fix it?

Ferimer

Distinguished
So I decided to do a custom watecooling loop and I installed a barrow GPU waterblock to my Dual asus rtx 2080. After completing my build, everything was fine for a few weeks.

suddenly, I tried turning on my pc and booting into windows but then it lost connection from my monitor and displays “no signal”. It can go into the bios, but it wont boot to windows. I took apart my system and tried the gpu on a different pc I had, and it shows the same problem, displaying “no signal” after the windows boot loading screen.

I really dont know what to do, I think I broke it because it wont output to the monitor, but because it could go into the bios, is it really broken? I got a ryzen 7 3700x (no onboard graphics) so if the gpu really is broken, couldn’t I go into the bios being displayed on the monitor in the first place?

What should I do to try and fix it?
Try a different monitor?