[SOLVED] Broke SMD off my GPU while cleaning please Help.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tested the card? Might just be some pull down resistors or something not super critical.

Impossible to know what the values were, you could make remove and test some of the nearby resistors of the same size and with similar numbers. R523 and R524, maybe R511 and R512.

Of some concern is the overall poor cleanliness of the card itself, and rusting no less. Corrosion in a lot of places and that might also be the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Seconding @Eximo.

And I will add that it appears to me that two resistors are missing 526 and 527.

What does the other side of the card look like?

Ask your friend to take a look before doing anything else.

Card in its current condition may not be worth further efforts to salvage - even if possible.

Reactions: Varun_Dpi
Oct 18, 2021
Have you tested the card? Might just be some pull down resistors or something not super critical.

Impossible to know what the values were, you could make remove and test some of the nearby resistors of the same size and with similar numbers. R523 and R524, maybe R511 and R512.

Of some concern is the overall poor cleanliness of the card itself, and rusting no less. Corrosion in a lot of places and that might also be the problem.
Nah about that Rusting my friend took care of it with Isopropyl alcohol and said all those from rusting are perfectly fine

Oct 18, 2021
Seconding @Eximo.

And I will add that it appears to me that two resistors are missing 526 and 527.

What does the other side of the card look like?

Ask your friend to take a look before doing anything else.

Card in its current condition may not be worth further efforts to salvage - even if possible.
The Other side looks just as new but due to my cpu cooler leakage there was some rusting on top but that didn't affect at all but while i was cleaning i saw only 1 resistor and rubbed it with cotton bud and it got removed since then there is no display. So should i say my friend that if it works to place two resistors?

Ralston18

Titan
Replace two resistors?

Unable to answer that because I do not know what function/purpose (referencing @Eximo's post) the resistor(s) actually serve.

Your friend should be able to take a look at the card and determine how many resistors are missing.

Or if there is other damage that makes the card unsalvageable.

Reactions: Varun_Dpi
Oct 18, 2021
Replace two resistors?

Unable to answer that because I do not know what function/purpose (referencing @Eximo's post) the resistor(s) actually serve.

Your friend should be able to take a look at the card and determine how many resistors are missing.

Or if there is other damage that makes the card unsalvageable.
Thanks for helping .Yeah thats the only fear of getting the card in worse condidion than it is.
I found a clearer image which really shows 2 resistors as you mentioned

https://ibb.co/YdQjrb7

Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for helping .Yeah thats the only fear of getting the card in worse condidion than it is.
I found a clearer image which really shows 2 resistors as you mentioned

https://ibb.co/YdQjrb7
And here is the thing after getting the card into pc and turning it on the posting beep was perfect and with out display i just logged in and pressed Alt+F4 and enter in some seconds it turned off as usual no problem but it doesn't give out put

Oct 18, 2021
And here is the thing after getting the card into pc and turning it on the posting beep was perfect and with out display i just logged in and pressed Alt+F4 and enter in some seconds it turned off as usual no problem but it doesn't give out put
Yo it got fixed my friend did it like it was nothing and its good as new.

TRENDING THREADS