[SOLVED] Broken PCB Switch electronic trace

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
Hello, today I changed a broken switch, at the moment I was changing it, i didn't have a desolder pump so to get the switch loose I used the solder tip and pushed towards the pcb, that ended badly, two small copper circles came out of the holes where the switch contacts should be soldered and one of them had kinda a very very tiny coper wire that just peeled of off the pcb, i really don't know what to do, if you know where I can submit this to get any help it would be appreciated.
Image of the pcb where this happened: https://ibb.co/dDFyXFP

Solution
First - make yourself comfortable by soldering. Try solder some dummy wiring first. If you have some other PCB garbage, then have a training session on that.

Then you go ahead soldering the device you're supposed to repair.

Also - remember that it is the wire itself you need to heat properly so that the solder tin flow and cover the surface of the wire.

I'm sure there is some youtube videos that cover soldering methods, look and see what you find.

And a warning : Smoke from solder tin is very harmful to loungs, so do whatever you can to prevent it to get in your face and clothing.
Having desolder pump or solder wick are very helpful in order to prevent damage - and also much easier to get components loose after most of the solder is removed.
Also - using the soldering iron itself to force the pins through the PCB are not the best method, and what happens here is just the thing one may expect.

When that said, it's not beyond repairable, you can always peel off the insulating coating and after that solder a very thin copper wire in place of the missing pcb trace.

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
Having desolder pump or solder wick are very helpful in order to prevent damage - and also much easier to get components loose after most of the solder is removed.
Also - using the soldering iron itself to force the pins through the PCB are not the best method, and what happens here is just the thing one may expect.

When that said, it's not beyond repairable, you can always peel off the insulating coating and after that solder a very thin copper wire in place of the missing pcb trace.
How i do this? Flux? then aply tin and lastly the thin copper wire?

First - make yourself comfortable by soldering. Try solder some dummy wiring first. If you have some other PCB garbage, then have a training session on that.

Then you go ahead soldering the device you're supposed to repair.

Also - remember that it is the wire itself you need to heat properly so that the solder tin flow and cover the surface of the wire.

I'm sure there is some youtube videos that cover soldering methods, look and see what you find.

And a warning : Smoke from solder tin is very harmful to loungs, so do whatever you can to prevent it to get in your face and clothing.

Solution