Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2019
Hello to everyone who is reading this question. I started to get Blue Screens around 2 months ago, so I checked .dmp files and all of them were caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I tried to find solutions on the internet, but nothing that could help me(or I just didn't find anything). Some of the BSOD messages are: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, CACHE_MANAGER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
The moments of the Screens are different - starting from Blender 3D and finishing the desktop(well anytime when I don't really want this). Some days can be without any errors, but others will be with like 5 BSODs.
I tried to do something by myself, so more information: drivers are ok(at least they are up to date), memtest86 did 4 passes - 0 errors, temperature is not even a half of the maximum.

Well, I guess that's all what i can tell to you now, if you would like to get more information - I will be happy to provide it.

Thanks for your attention, counting on your help.

Solution
Silent scream... you don't need to use driver easy on a motherboard that comes with LIve update 6. Go to this page - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-GAMING-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64 and download it if you don't have it now. It might offer a bios update since your system currently isn't showing any sysinfo (normally can tell what bios you have and it will show ram information

I wouldn't recommend 3rd party driver installers regardless of what motherboard/hardware you have anyway. They can install the wrong software.

Which wifi device do you have?
Avast might be crashing due to the wifi drivers. Though I have seen it be the cause before.

Why can't you update windows?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC?

ntoskrnl = windows kernel - vital part of windows. If it is asked to do something it cannot do, it crashes and windows follows as it cannot run without ntoskrnl

1. Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

2. Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 6, 2019
And about memtest86 - my PC is kind of a new one, so it's probably still has a guarantee and in case if I will need to but a new RAM, I can get it for free. But if i will open the case of the PC, there will be a mess with guarantee (or i just think so). So I can do that, but can we wait until it's gonna be the last option?

Colif

Win 11 Master
And about memtest86 - my PC is kind of a new one, so it's probably still has a guarantee and in case if I will need to but a new RAM, I can get it for free. But if i will open the case of the PC, there will be a mess with guarantee (or i just think so). So I can do that, but can we wait until it's gonna be the last option?

If you worried about warranties, I would go through the right process.

I will get someone to look at the dump and we see if it is just a driver and an easy fix :)

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/Y81i.html
File information:080619-13765-01.dmp (Aug 6 2019 - 22:46:40)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 50 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:080619-13171-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 01:22:06)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: runSW.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:080619-12656-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 01:44:05)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: DriverEasy.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)
One of the crashes was caused by nvlddmkm.sys. The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

BIOS info was not included in 1st the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
NVIDIA has a history of releasing bad drivers, sometimes one right after another that crashes systems out. In addition, the driver could still have corrupted files. DDU (display driver uninstaller) removes all of the drivers files and registry settings, but it has to do that in Safe Mode when the files are not being used. Afterwards you boot back into normal mode and reinstall the driver.

Sometimes older driver versions work better. Sometimes the one from Windows Update works best. Try different ones and I recommend running DDU between each one that you try.

If you want to try, here's the instructions: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

If not, wait for additional answers.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 6, 2019
Still, if something will cause a BSOD after the ntoskrnl.exe fix, I will know what to do. But for now, I would like to focus on the kernel problem (actually I didn't see this graphics card driver error before, I mean there always was just ntoskrnl.exe)

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
just do what that guy said. use ddu to wipe all nvidia files and then reinstall nvidia drivers. if you were using an old version before then install new version and if you were using a new version before then install old version

Aug 6, 2019
And... BOOOM. I just got another one, and now it's a BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Did some research - WIFI adapter failed(it's pretty unstable). The dump file will be in the folder with others.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/MQYo.html
File information:080719-13765-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 23:33:26)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: aswEngSrv.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:080719-13531-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 22:16:58)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA Share.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File information:080719-12953-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 21:30:17)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:080719-12921-01.dmp (Aug 7 2019 - 22:31:17)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
Probably caused by:rtwlanu.sys (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)
  • AVast was blamed in the first crash: aswMonFlt.sys
  • NVIDIA was blamed in the 2nd crash. I've already gave instructions which may help.
  • The last 2 crashes were caused by rtwlanu.sys, which is described as: Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver https://www.realtek.com/en/ Your copy of the driver is from Feb 26 2018. Look for updates.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019
That's true I'm using the AVAST, so the solution is uninstalling. NVIDIA problem is solved(at least looks so). And yeah, I will look for a newer version of the driver.

Thanks, that was really helpful. I don't know will it solve the kernel-power problem, but if it will - I will let you know

Colif

Win 11 Master
Silent scream... you don't need to use driver easy on a motherboard that comes with LIve update 6. Go to this page - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-GAMING-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64 and download it if you don't have it now. It might offer a bios update since your system currently isn't showing any sysinfo (normally can tell what bios you have and it will show ram information

I wouldn't recommend 3rd party driver installers regardless of what motherboard/hardware you have anyway. They can install the wrong software.

Which wifi device do you have?
Avast might be crashing due to the wifi drivers. Though I have seen it be the cause before.

Why can't you update windows?

Solution
Aug 6, 2019
D-Link DWA-182 Wireless AC 1200. This is the name of my adapter.
Wait! Windows did update. There were like 7 missed updates and now it's just 3.

Status: We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device may help.

And also there is no need to think of AVAST anymore, I'm done with it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No, i mean download live update 6 and run it, that matches your motherboard. It won't do extra things like GPU drivers (though windows can do that) and windows also likely had default drivers for wifi card as well.

You right about your D LInk drivers being newest on their site, but you should be able to use these direct from realtek - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-usb-3-0-software

in settings/updates & security/windows update
look in update history
click on one of the failed updates as I think it should show an error code.
Can you give that code to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.