BSOD Errors and PnP monitor.

Apr 4, 2018
Hey,

First time on this forum, however I've got to find help somewhere.
I reset my PC the other week to get ready to sell it off, since it's quite outdated now and I'm looking to upgrade. After I reset it, I began to get multiple different BSOD errors, every time coming either on bootup or just randomly during (most of the time) me being AFK. The first one was DCP Watchdog Violation (Haven't had that in a couple of days now, PC was reset on Sunday), I then got a Driver Power State Failure issue, and also I've had a Video Schedular Internal Error a few times. I've spoke to Microsoft multiple times about this but almost every time they suggest I reset my PC again (Already have done 3 times). Trying to sort the issue out myself, I've gone onto Safe Mode, and found that there's an issue with the driver for the Generic PnP monitor. I'm not able to uninstall this driver as it also re-installs every time I restart the PC. If anyone is able to help I'd greatly appreciate it. Many thanks,

Sam.

Solution
resetting the system is really not helpful.

for these problems you need to
update the bios and motherboard drivers
if you continue to get the bugcheck you need to change the memory dump type to kernel, reboot and when you get the new bugcheck you need to provide the c:\windows\memory.dmp
I can put the memory dump into the windows debugger and see why windows shutdown the system.
PNP problems, low power link (sleep) problems usb problems all require the kernel memory dump to debug the problem. if you have a minidump in c:\windows\mindump directory
it could also be of use to find old drivers or modified files.

resetting the system is really not helpful.

for these problems you need to
update the bios and motherboard drivers
if you continue to get the bugcheck you need to change the memory dump type to kernel, reboot and when you get the new bugcheck you need to provide the c:\windows\memory.dmp
I can put the memory dump into the windows debugger and see why windows shutdown the system.
PNP problems, low power link (sleep) problems usb problems all require the kernel memory dump to debug the problem. if you have a minidump in c:\windows\mindump directory
it could also be of use to find old drivers or modified files.

Solution