pard976

Reputable
Aug 1, 2018
Im using a desktop pc and I have a Galax Gt 730 Exoc 1gb ddr5, I planned to change its thermal paste because im using it for years now. I used the i use for my processor. I also cleaned the fans, because it gets so much dust on it and successfully replacing thermal paste. After that i tried to boot up my pc, Greatly it boots up. After i started roblox to play a game, it suddenly freeze and shows up Blue Screen Of Death, What the BSOD tells me, is the nvlddmkm.sys Failed. I restarted the pc using the power button of my computer, After it restart i launched the same roblox game and test it out, but this time i dont get any BSOD after playing for few hours...

Tomorrow that day, I opened my computer and hovering around on the internet for few munites, i was like watching videos on youtube, and after i watch, I played the same game again on roblox, then it suddenly freeze again, and shows up BSOD telling the same problem. And as usual, i restarted my pc and tries to launch the same game again, then after playing it for few hours, i still got no BSOD.

I wonder whats the problem is... I tried updating Direct X from microsoft but it said i already have the latest version of it. My Graphics Card is also overclocked, +225 to core and mem, but its been overclocked for years and got no problem with it, it must not be my overclocking.
My gpu temp also around 40-45 on idle and 65-75 while gaming. It reaches 90-98 on furmark which is really heavy...

I really need a solution for this thx in advance for those people who would like to help.

Solution
This BSOD error is caused by multiple reasons and two of them are common. One is GPU drivers conflict or Overheating.
If you are sure that Windows was not updated and Drivers are not faulty and have no conflict, then, test it again by downclocking your GPU. Or try it by reinstalling the GPU drivers (Fresh Install).
Another way to test is to stress the GPU by a software, and check at which temperature it Freezes. 80-85C is not good, 85-90C is last warning and from 90C is alarming.

ak195

Distinguished
This BSOD error is caused by multiple reasons and two of them are common. One is GPU drivers conflict or Overheating.
If you are sure that Windows was not updated and Drivers are not faulty and have no conflict, then, test it again by downclocking your GPU. Or try it by reinstalling the GPU drivers (Fresh Install).
Another way to test is to stress the GPU by a software, and check at which temperature it Freezes. 80-85C is not good, 85-90C is last warning and from 90C is alarming.

Solution