[SOLVED] BSOD on gaming laptop even after fresh install and repair Help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Hi I have been getting BSOD on my brand new laptop so i sent it back for warranty repair they changed the motherboard but then i still got blue screens so i sent it back they reloaded OS, then i still got blue screens i sent it back they changed the main board again. and now two days after i received it from repair i get this blue screen ---> Dump File ---> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrBAQJVJgQT9xgWwu2sYyb84LPM

can anyone help with this?

I have checked the ram and the hard drives it says they are fine.

Overview

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machine Acer - Predator PH315-51

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Famille (64-bit)

Memory 16 GB

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Motherboard CFL - Sienta_CFS

Video Cards Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Monitors AUO B156HAN07.1

Hard Disk ST2000LX001-1RG174 (2,0 TB)

Network Card Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

CPU
Processor
Name Intel Core i7 8750H

Code Name Coffee Lake

TDP 45 W

Package Socket 1440 FCBGA

Technology 14 nm

Core Voltage 1,16 V

Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Family 6

Model --

Stepping --

Ext. Family --

Ext. Model --

Revision U0

Instructions MMX , SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, x86-64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3

Clocks

Core Speed 3990,2 MHz

Multiplier x 40

Bus Speed 99,8 MHz

QPILink --

Cache

L1 Data 6 x 32 KBytes

L1 Inst 6 x 32 KBytes

Level 2 6 x 256 KBytes

Level3 9216 KBytes

Motherboard

Motherboard

Manufacturer CFL

Model Sienta_CFS V1.26

Chipset Intel Coffee Lake

Revision 07

Southbrige Intel HM370

Revision 10

LPCIO --

BIOS

Core Speed Insyde Corp.

Version V1.26

Date 03/27/2019

Graphic Interface

Version --

Transfer Rate --

Max. Supported --

Memory

General

Type DDR4

Size 16384 MBytes

Channel# --

DC Model --

NB Frequency --

Timings

DRAM Frequency 1330,1 MHz

FSB:DRAM --

CAS# Latency(CL) 19 clocks

RAS# to CAS# Delay(tRCD) 19 clocks

RAS# Precharge(tRP) 19 clocks

Cycle Time(rRAS) 43 clocks

Bank Cycle Time(tRC) --

Command Rate(CR) 2 clocks

Graphics

GPU

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Code Name GP106

Technology 16 nm

Revision --

Clocks

Core 1404,5 MHz

Shader --

Memory 4006,8 MHz

Memory

Size 6144 MBytes

Type 8

Bus Width --

Solution
down load autoruns.exe 64 bit from
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

run the utility as an admin then locate the driver. you can uncheck the driver to prevent it from loading or you can remove the driver

if you need to turn on or off the wifi you could run a powershell script to enable or disable the wifi
maybe something like How to switch WiFi state on/off with PowerShell & Windows 10? - Stack Overflow

or google something like powershell script to disable wifi

laptops will often install a program like the one you have so you can use a function key to turn things on and off, or start a cd player.
these tend to be pretty bad programs and are not really needed.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
the debugger shows that the system bugchecked in MSRPC.sys it reports that there are 23 modifications to this file
you might see if running cmd.exe as a admin
then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

to see if it fixes the file (I think that is the command, it has been a long time since used it)

msrpc is microsoft remote procedure call. this would be a target of malware so be sure to do a virus scan after you repair the file

I just looked at another memory dump from yesterday, it showed that something wrote over the data for the storage driver.
iaStorAC.sys Fri Jul 17 01:51:15 2020

at the point in the dump you can not tell if the driver modified the data in memory of if another driver overwrote the data and this driver just used the modified data and crashed. most often if you don't have a hacked system it will be a bug in the driver.

i do not see any corrupted system files in the debugger. if you do not have malware, the i would suspect some of the razer software drivers you have installed.
you might just try to remove them if you do not need them otherwise you will have to set the system to use verifier.exe so that the system calls a bugcheck when a driver writes outside of its assigned memory rather than when a different driver uses the corrupted memory. (it could be minutes or hours later)
these problems are never fun to isolate.
i would suspect some of these drivers:
AcerAirplaneModeController.sys
RzDev_0085.sys
RzDev_0306.sys
RzCommon.sys
the razer files are dated Mon Feb 17 19:01:01 2020 so look for a update from the vendors website otherwise you will have to use verifier.exe to find out what the problem is. (it opens up a lot more issues)

- you might also look for a bios update. I could not read the bios info but I can see that your cpu came out april of 2018
so you might have bios updates to install.

you might also remove your overclock software but it would never cause this actual problem. you have a strange over clock of 8Hz
sounds more like a mistake.

ok so I did this dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
and no malware found either

idk how to uninstall acerairplacemodecontroller at all
and for razor it's the latest version I'll wait for now and keep it
my bio is the latest i'v checked if there was a bio update after every bsod for the past 2 years and theres never updates

about my overclock what software what is it? how do i stop it? can you help me with that?
idk how im overclocked of 8hz help me out! pls

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Also I think I might be overclocked like u said idk, i put fans to the max speed and when I play my games sometimes my fps drops to 0-10 from 190 my mouse moves slowly too and its unplayable for like 5 seconds

run the utility as an admin then locate the driver. you can uncheck the driver to prevent it from loading or you can remove the driver

if you need to turn on or off the wifi you could run a powershell script to enable or disable the wifi
maybe something like How to switch WiFi state on/off with PowerShell & Windows 10? - Stack Overflow

laptops will often install a program like the one you have so you can use a function key to turn things on and off, or start a cd player.

Solution

the service for the razer drivers tend to fail verifer.exe testing they often use a bogus method for the service to talk to the actual driver.
the driver will work until windows moves the driver location in memory when the system comes under memory constraints. (like when you play games)
then the service writes to the driver memory but the driver has been moved and windows has given the memory space to another driver. This causes the second driver to crash.
often this method will work for hours or even days if you reboot your machine and do not let it sleep. laptops often just sleep, the means the the system will eventually crash due to this problem. It depends on the amount of free RAM you have and how much stress you put on the virtual memory system.
if you can not get new drivers you should reboot every day or before and after you spend time playing games.
verifier.exe test tool will often just bugcheck on booting if you have this type of problem and it will name the bad driver name.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
the service for the razer drivers tend to fail verifer.exe testing they often use a bogus method for the service to talk to the actual driver.
the driver will work until windows moves the driver location in memory when the system comes under memory constraints. (like when you play games)
then the service writes to the driver memory but the driver has been moved and windows has given the memory space to another driver. This causes the second driver to crash.
often this method will work for hours or even days if you reboot your machine and do not let it sleep. laptops often just sleep, the means the the system will eventually crash due to this problem. It depends on the amount of free RAM you have and how much stress you put on the virtual memory system.
if you can not get new drivers you should reboot every day or before and after you spend time playing games.
verifier.exe test tool will often just bugcheck on booting if you have this type of problem and it will name the bad driver name.

ok im gonna get rid of razer drivers
and in autoruns program u told me to install I unticked acerairplanemodecontroller
thanks