OK guys I have two PC's one works the other doesnt, the problem is is that I
want my new one to work.

Problem, I have built my new computer and I get the BSOD error and restart
issue.
The new components are
Geforce 256 6800 card
MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Mother board
3200 CPU
2 stiks of 400 DDR ram
AKASA fan
425 watts Hiper power supply
One new fresh hard drive with xp home

I cant get it going with out this BSOD appearing when I try to boot.

The BIOS starts fine and sees the drive and DVD all in the proper I.D. place
Checks processor and can see thats its a 3200
Memory check fine 1 gig
and then BSOD....

I put my old CPU in, same BSOD
I changed the power supply back same BSOD
I changed the memory same BSOD
I put my old Geforce 2 card in same BSOD

I cant see what the error message is as it is so quick, I cant read it in
time.
Even safe mode doesnt work!

What else could it be????
Cheers guys I know theres someone out there can sort this

Were you planning on telling us the STOP code or the name of the error?
Computers can crash for thousands of reasons.
--
Ted Zieglar

"stephen hibberd" <stephen hibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5915FCA2-140A-4473-9E65-13CA83A9B351@microsoft.com...
> OK guys I have two PC's one works the other doesnt, the problem is is that
> want my new one to work.
>
> Problem, I have built my new computer and I get the BSOD error and restart
> issue.
> The new components are
> Geforce 256 6800 card
> MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Mother board
> 3200 CPU
> 2 stiks of 400 DDR ram
> AKASA fan
> 425 watts Hiper power supply
> One new fresh hard drive with xp home
>
> I cant get it going with out this BSOD appearing when I try to boot.
>
> The BIOS starts fine and sees the drive and DVD all in the proper I.D.
place
> Checks processor and can see thats its a 3200
> Memory check fine 1 gig
> and then BSOD....
>
> I put my old CPU in, same BSOD
> I changed the power supply back same BSOD
> I changed the memory same BSOD
> I put my old Geforce 2 card in same BSOD
>
> I cant see what the error message is as it is so quick, I cant read it in
> time.
> Even safe mode doesnt work!
>
> What else could it be????
> Cheers guys I know theres someone out there can sort this

My first reaction, too, but then he said he could not see it as it flashed
by too fast, and that he could not log into windows even in safe mode to
access the log.

Well, unfortunately, there is little we can do to help, other than to
suggest it is probably a bad memory module.

Fortunately, you can do everything to help yourself. Since you have two
computers, one working, one not, you are ideally situated to solve this by
removing one module at a time from the bad machine and substituting a known
good module from the good machine. You will quickly solve your problem...if
nothing works, you know it's the motherboard.

You might also try a self-contained linux boot disc or even a PE disk to
test basic hardware functionality, but I would start with the stuff outlined
above.

> Were you planning on telling us the STOP code or the name of the error?
> Computers can crash for thousands of reasons.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "stephen hibberd" <stephen hibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:5915FCA2-140A-4473-9E65-13CA83A9B351@microsoft.com...
> > OK guys I have two PC's one works the other doesnt, the problem is is
that
> > want my new one to work.
> >
> > Problem, I have built my new computer and I get the BSOD error and
restart
> > issue.
> > The new components are
> > Geforce 256 6800 card
> > MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Mother board
> > 3200 CPU
> > 2 stiks of 400 DDR ram
> > AKASA fan
> > 425 watts Hiper power supply
> > One new fresh hard drive with xp home
> >
> > I cant get it going with out this BSOD appearing when I try to boot.
> >
> > The BIOS starts fine and sees the drive and DVD all in the proper I.D.
> place
> > Checks processor and can see thats its a 3200
> > Memory check fine 1 gig
> > and then BSOD....
> >
> > I put my old CPU in, same BSOD
> > I changed the power supply back same BSOD
> > I changed the memory same BSOD
> > I put my old Geforce 2 card in same BSOD
> >
> > I cant see what the error message is as it is so quick, I cant read it
in
> > time.
> > Even safe mode doesnt work!
> >
> > What else could it be????
> > Cheers guys I know theres someone out there can sort this

Hi, just use memtest from here http://www.memtest86.com/ makes it own boot
disc. Suggest you run it on each mem module for about an hour or two...
Chris C
"gerryf" <gerryf at thecomputerparamedic.com> wrote in message
> My first reaction, too, but then he said he could not see it as it flashed
> by too fast, and that he could not log into windows even in safe mode to
> access the log.
>
> Well, unfortunately, there is little we can do to help, other than to
> suggest it is probably a bad memory module.
>
> Fortunately, you can do everything to help yourself. Since you have two
> computers, one working, one not, you are ideally situated to solve this by
> removing one module at a time from the bad machine and substituting a
> known
> good module from the good machine. You will quickly solve your
> problem...if
> nothing works, you know it's the motherboard.
>
> You might also try a self-contained linux boot disc or even a PE disk to
> test basic hardware functionality, but I would start with the stuff
> outlined
> above.

>> Were you planning on telling us the STOP code or the name of the error?
>> Computers can crash for thousands of reasons.
>> --
>> Ted Zieglar
>>

>> "stephen hibberd" <stephen hibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:5915FCA2-140A-4473-9E65-13CA83A9B351@microsoft.com...
>> > OK guys I have two PC's one works the other doesnt, the problem is is
> that
>> > want my new one to work.
>> >
>> > Problem, I have built my new computer and I get the BSOD error and
> restart
>> > issue.
>> > The new components are
>> > Geforce 256 6800 card
>> > MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Mother board
>> > 3200 CPU
>> > 2 stiks of 400 DDR ram
>> > AKASA fan
>> > 425 watts Hiper power supply
>> > One new fresh hard drive with xp home
>> >
>> > I cant get it going with out this BSOD appearing when I try to boot.
>> >
>> > The BIOS starts fine and sees the drive and DVD all in the proper I.D.
>> place
>> > Checks processor and can see thats its a 3200
>> > Memory check fine 1 gig
>> > and then BSOD....
>> >
>> > I put my old CPU in, same BSOD
>> > I changed the power supply back same BSOD
>> > I changed the memory same BSOD
>> > I put my old Geforce 2 card in same BSOD
>> >
>> > I cant see what the error message is as it is so quick, I cant read it
> in
>> > time.
>> > Even safe mode doesnt work!
>> >
>> > What else could it be????
>> > Cheers guys I know theres someone out there can sort this

HI there,
Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which do work
fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta, thinking
it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there anything I
could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would this
help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip my
machine apart again to put the new components in.

cheers
Merry Xmas

Try swapping CPU and power supply next...your half way there.

"stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> HI there,
> Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which do
work
> fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta,
thinking
> it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there anything I
> could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
> difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would this
> help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip my
> machine apart again to put the new components in.
>
> cheers
> Merry Xmas

If you have already been into BIOS and changed anything, go back in and set
to OPTIMAL DEFAULT.. exit and then see what happens..

"stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> HI there,
> Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which do
> work
> fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta,
> thinking
> it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there anything I
> could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
> difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would this
> help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip my
> machine apart again to put the new components in.
>
> cheers
> Merry Xmas

I have swapped the cpu to my old 1400 amd and my old psu 300w
still no. luck, there is nothing else to change, i have no other cards in
the slots.
its odd that the new board is the same so it cant be the board, the graphics
card works fine in my old machine so it cant be that, im stuck with £800
worth of new gear I cant use.. I dont want to take it to PC world it will
cost me so much more to sort and I dont have the spare cash now.

ho hum

"gerryf" wrote:

> Try swapping CPU and power supply next...your half way there.
>

> "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> > HI there,
> > Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which do
> work
> > fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta,
> thinking
> > it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there anything I
> > could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
> > difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would this
> > help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip my
> > machine apart again to put the new components in.
> >
> > cheers
> > Merry Xmas

I have the defaults running in the BIOS

"Mike Hall" wrote:

> If you have already been into BIOS and changed anything, go back in and set
> to OPTIMAL DEFAULT.. exit and then see what happens..
>

> "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> > HI there,
> > Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which do
> > work
> > fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta,
> > thinking
> > it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there anything I
> > could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
> > difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would this
> > help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip my
> > machine apart again to put the new components in.
> >
> > cheers
> > Merry Xmas

Have you tried a linux image cd (knoppix)

Can you boot into, lets say, DOS with a dos boot disk?

When you install windows, does the install routine finish or are you
crashing during the installation? The earlier description you gave indicated
that the BSOD comes after the BIOS routine finishes and as Windows loads,
leading me to believe that you have a windows installation here that was
insta

"stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FFF9BDC0-BE38-464B-BD2B-BF692AEBE554@microsoft.com...
> I have the defaults running in the BIOS
>
> "Mike Hall" wrote:
>
> > If you have already been into BIOS and changed anything, go back in and
set
> > to OPTIMAL DEFAULT.. exit and then see what happens..
> >

> > "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> > > HI there,
> > > Well I have taken out the DDR 400 and put in my old DDR sticks which
do
> > > work
> > > fine, but the same problem. I even bought another MOBO K7N2 delta,
> > > thinking
> > > it might be a bad batch of boards but still the same. Is there
anything I
> > > could dissable in the bios sound drivers and such which could make a
> > > difference?? I read somewhere about changing the V2.7 to V2.8! would
this
> > > help. Im trying to get all the information at hand before i try to rip
my
> > > machine apart again to put the new components in.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > Merry Xmas

I can install my widows no problem goes through fine its just when it
restarts after the bios loads a very quick flash of blue screen the
restarts.???

"gerryf" wrote:

> Have you tried a linux image cd (knoppix)
>
> Can you boot into, lets say, DOS with a dos boot disk?
>
> When you install windows, does the install routine finish or are you
> crashing during the installation? The earlier description you gave indicated
> that the BSOD comes after the BIOS routine finishes and as Windows loads,
> leading me to believe that you have a windows installation here that was
> insta
>

> "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FFF9BDC0-BE38-464B-BD2B-BF692AEBE554@microsoft.com...
> > I have the defaults running in the BIOS
> >
> > "Mike Hall" wrote:
> >
> > > If you have already been into BIOS and changed anything, go back in and
> set
> > > to OPTIMAL DEFAULT.. exit and then see what happens..
> > >

> > > "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:67BCED1D-4A0D-4A4C-AE27-FD8566B018A5@microsoft.com...
> do
> anything I
> this
> my

....lled.

Whoops, what happened to the rest of that message?

Oh well...one more thing....have you tried a second windows XP cd?

I had a problem once like yours (but I was able to get into safe mode),
where simply reinstalling with a new cd worked

Well its odd because my hard drive works fine on my old computer, but when I
put the drive on the new board with all the new bits i bought, it doesnt work.
I did manage to stop the restart though and managed to get the stop code
Stop 0x0000007B (0xF7C46528,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000
now my search says that is to do with the boot disc, but I have tried a
different drive with fresh install of windows xp home but still dont work the
drives work fine and there are no viruses on them!

the plot thickens

"gerryf" wrote:

> ....lled.
>
> Whoops, what happened to the rest of that message?
>

> Oh well...one more thing....have you tried a second windows XP cd?
>
> I had a problem once like yours (but I was able to get into safe mode),
> where simply reinstalling with a new cd worked

"You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system
disk to another computer"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314082

--

message news:1E685B09-66D7-4BA9-A98C-65DCB27E083B@microsoft.com...
> Well its odd because my hard drive works fine on my old computer, but when
> put the drive on the new board with all the new bits i bought, it doesnt
work.
> I did manage to stop the restart though and managed to get the stop code
> Stop 0x0000007B (0xF7C46528,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000
> now my search says that is to do with the boot disc, but I have tried a
> different drive with fresh install of windows xp home but still dont work
the
> drives work fine and there are no viruses on them!
>
> the plot thickens
>
> "gerryf" wrote:
>
> > ....lled.
> >
> > Whoops, what happened to the rest of that message?
> >

> > Oh well...one more thing....have you tried a second windows XP cd?
> >
> > I had a problem once like yours (but I was able to get into safe mode),
> > where simply reinstalling with a new cd worked

Ted!!!
Thank you very much for your information.
I added the information to the registry and that was all it needed to get
going.
I cant thank you enough, I have spent weeks on this, thought I looke
everywhere.
Once again cheers mate
and Merry Christmas.

Thread closed

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> "You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system
> disk to another computer"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314082
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "stephen hibberd" <stephenhibberd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:1E685B09-66D7-4BA9-A98C-65DCB27E083B@microsoft.com...
> > Well its odd because my hard drive works fine on my old computer, but when
> > put the drive on the new board with all the new bits i bought, it doesnt
> work.
> > I did manage to stop the restart though and managed to get the stop code
> > Stop 0x0000007B (0xF7C46528,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000
> > now my search says that is to do with the boot disc, but I have tried a
> > different drive with fresh install of windows xp home but still dont work
> the
> > drives work fine and there are no viruses on them!
> >
> > the plot thickens
> >
> > "gerryf" wrote:
> >
> > > ....lled.
> > >
> > > Whoops, what happened to the rest of that message?
> > >

> > > Oh well...one more thing....have you tried a second windows XP cd?
> > >
> > > I had a problem once like yours (but I was able to get into safe mode),
> > > where simply reinstalling with a new cd worked

Did you do a clean install of XP, or was it already on the hard drive, such
as clone from another computer? If a clone, or physcial hard drive from
another computer, you will need to do a "repair" installation of XP. Unlike
win98, XP uses hardware-specific drivers that load during its installation.
Some of these, related to the motherboard, can not be changed, except during
the installation process. Others, like video card can be changed whenever
you want, because at worst XP will use some safe default. A repair will not
format the drive and will not erase user files. (Of course, if cloning is
involved you will need to reactivate XP, once you get it running.)

Links about repairing:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=23979,00.asp