Question bsod only when i play intense game ! help

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
hey guys i got another thread similar to this but now i notice something , so my pc have bsod only when i play games like intense for example , rocket league , pubg and almost everygame i just get bsod instantly after i launch , for example rocket leaggue literally after i launch it , i tried bully scoholorship edition on pc and no bsod works fine , gameloop is fine i can play for hours , i tried blender which im a designer , blender worked fine for 2 days and i think there is something to be rendered and it was hard for the pc i believe and it restarted , but what is more weird is rocket leauge it doesnt need that much gpu and usage i reckon , i went to to pc store to fix it he told me everything is broken , like gpu is broken psu is weak i honestly didnt believe all of that cuz there is no way everything is broken the pc wont even turn on , mother board slot is broken ( the mother board thing is cuz i changed the thermal paste last time and ram slot doesnt work in dual , so probably bent pins but anyway ) what im gonna try to do it is i want to buy a new power supply which is still a concern for me becuase if i buy it and the issue is not the power supply? then yes its a problem , but i dont know why i highly believe thats its a psu problem even tho psu is a 5 years old or abit more , i would love to hear from u guys a good advice , thanks in advance
almost forgot the bsod is ( WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, )

cpu i7 6700k
gtx 970
mobo z170 pro gaming
ram 16 gb 3200 ( viper and team force ) i bought the viper after 2 years of having the teamforce
psu thermaltake 550w

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

I generally don't get much from dumps in whea errors but worth a look.

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it
can be any hardware
can be heat so clean heatsinks/fans of dust.
Remove any overclocks
remove any overclocking software so things like MSI Afterburner or Intel Extreme Tuning
updating bios can help but unlikely on old PC

what im gonna try to do it is i want to buy a new power supply which is still a concern for me becuase if i buy it and the issue is not the power supply? then yes its a problem , but i dont know why i highly believe thats its a psu problem even tho psu is a 5 years old or abit more ,
that can't hurt

how long you used 2 different sticks of ram for?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
I generally don't get much from dumps in whea errors but worth a look.

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it
can be any hardware
can be heat so clean heatsinks/fans of dust.
Remove any overclocks
remove any overclocking software so things like MSI Afterburner or Intel Extreme Tuning
updating bios can help but unlikely on old PC

that can't hurt

how long you used 2 different sticks of ram for?
hey sry for the late reply
i tried that in a similar thread of mine ,the dump files and it didnt work i didnt find the dump files but i will check again
also sry how to remove overclocks? generally
the 2 sticks together its been like 2 month
i tried the dump file but after the bsod i went to mini dump and its just empty

Last edited:

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
How did you go with new PSU?
Hey sry for late reply , unfortunately i still didnt get one cuz pretty busy these days , but honestly im still concerning cuz i still dont have much money for it and im trying my best to see when i can do a memtest but no time , anyway im just still concerning if its psu or not , at some point i highly believe its psu , because it happens only when i game , also concerned about ram if its the issue ,so if i wanna get a new psu , then it crash again then ig it was a bad idea so i wanna make sure if its psu first

raptor2012rom

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
hey sry for the late reply
i tried that in a similar thread of mine ,the dump files and it didnt work i didnt find the dump files but i will check again
also sry how to remove overclocks? generally
the 2 sticks together its been like 2 month
i tried the dump file but after the bsod i went to mini dump and its just empty
Mine was also doing that when it crashed without the BSOD screen. It didn't create a dump file. Sometimes leaving the crash on if it's not auto restaring created the dump file.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
take as long as you like. I didn't mean to rush you.
Ok so i made a memtest , and i reckon it tested everything to the point that it tells me * do u want to skip the current test* it is test 9 and it is still going , as far as i see now , there is no errors so far 0 errors
Edit : done testing , 0 errors

Last edited:

raptor2012rom

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Ok so i made a memtest , and i reckon it tested everything to the point that it tells me * do u want to skip the current test* it is test 9 and it is still going , as far as i see now , there is no errors so far 0 errors
Edit : done testing , 0 errors
My RAM also crashed to BSOD but with o errors in memtest. Was on DDR3 at 1.5v (stock) , what seemed to fix it is setting the ram +0,1v (1,6v for me). For some reason when the GPU accesed the virtual memory in RAM crashed. Maybe it helps.

raptor2012rom

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Can u tell me exactly how to set ram v? I have z170 motherboard
It should say ''DRAM Voltage'' somewhere in BIOS and I think the default on auto should be something like 1.2v. You could play with the RAM at 1.3v - 1.4v safely I think.
But be careful. Overvolting components could heat them up and brake them. That's what fixed mine on DDR3 , DDR4 works on lower voltage and I don't know the limits.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Hey im sry for late reply im just being too busy, but today i had. Free day and i planned to get a psu from amazon which is cougar cx450 ,i finally wanted to make sure before i buy it , to see if the whea unccorectable error bsod has another similar thread like me , i searched and i found this thread https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/whea_uncorrectable_error-in-gaming-or-gpu-test.229642/

Now im wondering if its gpu or psu , hope fully guys i can figure it out by ur help , thank u so much for ur time

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reactions: raptor2012rom

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
I assume you meant a https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA
As otherwise, Why are you getting a 450 PSU to replace a 550? I would at least equal it.

your gpu works half the time, it just has problems under load. That could be GPU or PSU.
PSU is a cheaper thing to upgrade first. If it doesn't help, it could be the GPU.
after buying a new psu which i recieved today , as i mentioned before when i open rocket league at start up it would crash and bsod happen now after installing the new psu i can confirm that there is no bsod at all , i can play any game pubg and apex for hours with no problem, thank you for your help mate i really appreciate it , for now everything seems very good and normal , the only issue is now the a2 and b2 doesnt work it works only in b1 and b2 but eh its fine ,i will figure it out later , or try something but otherwise now things are perfect :)