[SOLVED] BSOD VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020
Solution
I actually dont have msi afterburner or any other overclock software right now and I dont have another pc to try sorry for that I think the error happens randomly but Im not entirely sure. any idea how to fix?
since you have an MSI board its possible the drivers we see are for MSI updating programs
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - this is on PC, if you not using it you could remove it.

I cant change my psu right know cause I dont have enough money if you are definitely sure it causes the problem I can try to change it but in my country corsair evga etc. psu's are so expensive. So if you are sure psu is my problem I can change it
I am not certain, its just having an unknown PSU in a system with your parts is risking...

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020
try updating the bios on motherboard if there is one, it may help

I will ask someone to convert dumps but if its same error, we can probably guess it blames directX or Nvidia drivers.

what are full specs of the PC?
Msi z390 gaming plus mother board
i7 9700k
RTX 3070 palit gamingpro oc
16GB 3200Mhz ballistix ram
850W power supply also I dont think I have any bios update

Colif

Win 11 Master
i like the specifications listing of the website for the PSU. https://www.rampage.com.tr/en/produ...d-certified-rgb-led-full-modular-power-supply
they didn't even fill it in. That sure makes me wonder.

that power supply comes by many names, I also see it listed as Everest RAMPAGE RGB-850 80PLUS GOLD 850W
all the posts i can find about PSU say its not a good one. I sure wouldn't put it with a 3070

For example - link

I can't prove it but its possible PSU is the cause for BSOD. I would really get a better one made by Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic if you want your gear to work well.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/pue5b98t/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:122320-9390-01.dmp (Dec 22 2020 - 18:20:52)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:121920-8828-01.dmp (Dec 18 2020 - 17:54:11)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)
Comments:
  • The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)
  • The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)
  • The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-PLUS
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version 1.C.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
dwm.exe = windows desktop manager. Its used by windows to communicate with the GPU driver.
both mention direct X, sure looks like GPU drivers. Error code sort of made that obvious anyway.

DO you have afterburner installed? Might help to remove it.
you have newest Nvidia drivers.
you have the latest BIOS on motherboard as well

So you obviously didn't get BSOD before swapping GPU so its likely the GPU that caused errors. Can you test GPU in another PC and see if it also gets the error as it could be the card.

Do the errors happen when you play games or anytime?

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020
dwm.exe = windows desktop manager. Its used by windows to communicate with the GPU driver.
both mention direct X, sure looks like GPU drivers. Error code sort of made that obvious anyway.

So you obviously didn't get BSOD before swapping GPU so its likely the GPU that caused errors. Can you test GPU in another PC and see if it also gets the error as it could be the card.

I actually dont have msi afterburner or any other overclock software right now and I dont have another pc to try sorry for that I think the error happens randomly but Im not entirely sure. any idea how to fix?

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020
i like the specifications listing of the website for the PSU. https://www.rampage.com.tr/en/produ...d-certified-rgb-led-full-modular-power-supply
they didn't even fill it in. That sure makes me wonder.

that power supply comes by many names, I also see it listed as Everest RAMPAGE RGB-850 80PLUS GOLD 850W
all the posts i can find about PSU say its not a good one. I sure wouldn't put it with a 3070

For example - link

I can't prove it but its possible PSU is the cause for BSOD. I would really get a better one made by Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic if you want your gear to work well.
I cant change my psu right know cause I dont have enough money if you are definitely sure it causes the problem I can try to change it but in my country corsair evga etc. psu's are so expensive. So if you are sure psu is my problem I can change it

Last edited:

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020

I uninstalled my gpu drivers with DDU and reinstalled them do you think using an older driver can solve the issue? and what driver can I use for rtx 3070

Colif

Win 11 Master
since you have an MSI board its possible the drivers we see are for MSI updating programs
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - this is on PC, if you not using it you could remove it.

I am not certain, its just having an unknown PSU in a system with your parts is risking damage in the future. Its possible it doesn't actually supply the power effectively for the parts in PC, and a PSU that isn't can cause errors in otherwise fine equipment. See if we can stop the BSOD another way.

I uninstalled my gpu drivers with DDU and reinstalled them do you think using an older driver can solve the issue? and what driver can I use for rtx 3070
When did you run DDU? Have you had any errors since? Don't change drivers unless you have.
If you need to swap again, try using the drivers from here - https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3771&lang=en&pn=NE63070S19P2-1041A&tab=do

Solution

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020

I am not certain, its just having an unknown PSU in a system with your parts is risking damage in the future. Its possible it doesn't actually supply the power effectively for the parts in PC, and a PSU that isn't can cause errors in otherwise fine equipment. See if we can stop the BSOD another way.

When did you run DDU? Have you had any errors since? Don't change drivers unless you have.
If you need to swap again, try using the drivers from here - https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3771&lang=en&pn=NE63070S19P2-1041A&tab=do
  1. answer second BSOD is without intel tuning programs etc. so I still get the bsod with OC softwares
  2. answer I will probably change the cpu if it fixes it cause I am desperate :D
  3. answer yeah I will reply to you in 2-3 days if I get the bsod I hope it worked