Question BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_16_AuthenticAMD__UNKNOWN_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys

Feb 7, 2024
Hi,

I'm getting a WHEA BSOD. If someone can tell me how I can upload my .dmp file, I will upload it here and would anyone be ok to go over it incase I have missed something? So far I've updated the chipset, and CPU drivers but still getting BSOD.

Thanks !

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
i am leading to believe that your install of windows has become corrupt, or a few of the following...

search ~ CMD .. right click and run as admin

type~
sfc /scannow
...let it run

type~
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

type~
exit

~~
have you gone to the manufacturers website to check for updated drivers for your motherboard, or an updated bios revision?

on boot up; press f2, and run a memory test. if it fails before 21% (typically a re-boot auto happens) one of your sticks of ram are the culprit. at this stage you will need to take out all but 1 stick of memory and test each stick one by one. if you have a 4 slot setup, the primary ram slot is b2, if 2 slot ; it is b1.

re-seating your cpu sometimes gets rid of this error. if you are going to do this; remember to clean and apply fresh thermal paste upon re-install.

remove and re-seat your gpu.

download and install crystaldiskinfo to check for error status on your drives