[SOLVED] BSOD Win 10 while playing COD Modern Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Everytime I play this game, I get blue screen with the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and sometimes IQRL_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have tried all the troubleshooting that can be seen on the web and nothing works. This is a newly built PC.

My drivers and OS are all updated. I already did a Memory Diagnostic Check and checkdisk, shows no error at all. Same goes with the sfc /scannow

Can somebody please help me? I don't know what to do now.

My Complete Specs.
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Ram: T-Force Dark Za 3200mhz (2x8gb)
Gpu: XFX Rx 590 8gb
Psu: Seasonic M12ii 750w 80+ Bronze
m.2 SSD 1 TB - Where COD is Installed
Samsung SSD 256 - Where OS is installed.
Windows 10 Pro

Solution
At least F20 is only to update chipset for XT new radoen equipped CPU & doesn't say anything like the warnings for non 3 series Ryzen chips , so that shouldn't be reason. It should still work with a 3600X (I almost bought this motherboard but went for Aorus Elite wifi instead, same BIOS versions)

have you got a win 10 installer? if not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

your motherboard has boot override so we could see if it that lets it boot to USB
once installer made, put it in PC before start
go into bios/save exit screen
click boot override - Allows you to select a device to boot immediately. Press <Enter> on the device you select and select Yes to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

have newest bios?

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Since I have reset my OS and deleted the old one. I Think the main topic for this post now is how can I get back on Windows since I'm stuck on gigabyte logo after I updated the bios to the newest which is Gigabyte's F20.

Colif

Win 11 Master
At least F20 is only to update chipset for XT new radoen equipped CPU & doesn't say anything like the warnings for non 3 series Ryzen chips , so that shouldn't be reason. It should still work with a 3600X (I almost bought this motherboard but went for Aorus Elite wifi instead, same BIOS versions)

have you got a win 10 installer? if not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

your motherboard has boot override so we could see if it that lets it boot to USB
once installer made, put it in PC before start
go into bios/save exit screen
click boot override - Allows you to select a device to boot immediately. Press <Enter> on the device you select and select Yes to confirm. Your system will restart automatically and boot from that device.

if we can boot off usb you can try to run startup repair and see if that helps
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

wonders if Fast startup has done it again. Its good at corrupting boot files and well, it was probably on when you upated bios.

you may find it doesn't help, and next best move might be try a reset.

But before that, you can use this to copy any info the 1tb nvme so you don't lose everything
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or nvme

choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
choose keep files/settings (Files = library folders. Library folders = Documents, pictures, movies, music (the default folders that come with windows). Settings = logins and desktop)

Reactions: Mark Joquico
Solution

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
I have done reinstalling OS via Cloud Download. At this moment, OS is reinstalling. We’ll see it from there if it’ll boot to Windows.

I will update here.
Hi. The reinstalling of OS has been done and it seems like I’m still getting the same outcome.

What I will do next is to make a bootable USB and reinstall the OS.

Also, I tried to enable fast boot in BIOS and I got an error code: 0xc000000e.

Can you give me an idea on what’s happening here that causes this problem? Did I updated the BIOS incorrectly? I’m sure that I downloaded and installed the exact version and rev of this tho.

Colif

Win 11 Master
This is just a guess and I can't prove it

WIn 10 has a function called Fast startup. What it does is instead of turning PC off at shutdown, it saves a copy of drivers + some windows files either into ram and/or into the hiberfil.sys files, and puts PC to sleep. This is great if you have a hdd as it speeds up boot process

Bad side to it is if you unplug PC while its on, you can corrupt boot files. I have seen it do this before, I actually helped someone with exact problem yesterday.

Since you have an ssd as boot drive, you should turn it off in windows as it really doesn't help on ssd, its more for hdd.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
I always have it off.

I should have thought about it, its likely the reset doesn't alter the boot files. Fresh install should fix them.

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
This is just a guess and I can't prove it

WIn 10 has a function called Fast startup. What it does is instead of turning PC off at shutdown, it saves a copy of drivers + some windows files either into ram and/or into the hiberfil.sys files, and puts PC to sleep. This is great if you have a hdd as it speeds up boot process

Bad side to it is if you unplug PC while its on, you can corrupt boot files. I have seen it do this before, I actually helped someone with exact problem yesterday.

Since you have an ssd as boot drive, you should turn it off in windows as it really doesn't help on ssd, its more for hdd.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
I always have it off.

I should have thought about it, its likely the reset doesn't alter the boot files. Fresh install should fix them.

I will note and do this as soon as I get into Windows. Right now, I'm redownloading the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and make a bootable USB.

I was quite nervous, because this is my first time updated my BIOS and Im afraid if I messed it up or some sort. It might cause me a replace of mobo. lol Can you please confirm that I didnt messed up.

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
I think BIOS is probably okay, the problem is now windows.
If it was BIOS you would have a blank screen and no working computer

Oh thank God. I will update here again once I have reinstalled the OS via bootable usb from Win 10 Media Creation Tool. Thank you for your prompt response. I really appreciate it. Cheers!

Mark Joquico

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Hi. I was able to get into windows now.

I reinstalled OS via Bootable USB using Windows 10 Media creation Tool.

it seems like it’s already fixed. You can now close this. I will just creeate a new topic if I still got bsod when playing games.

Thank you for all your help!

Reactions: Colif
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS