Question BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Not sure what the driver or how to fix it, i have BSOD viewer and not sure how to read it exactly, been awhile since ive had issues with BSOD so maybe you all can possibly asist me as its a headache and have gotten worse over time, i cant play games or even watch movies shows without it being a bother

this is regarding the Dell Inspiron in the signature btw

let me know if anything needs to be attached or sent

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
sorry, forums isn't advising me about replies to this thread so I missed it.

One thing I should have suggested by now - Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

you keep getting different errors so might as well test ram out, as its a common reason for differing errors.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think errors are drivers mainly asw you ran driver verifer and got no crashes. Its entire job is to find bad drivers, so checking ram is a good place to start.

try running this as well - Intel processor diagnostic tool

ntoskrnl = = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause. Windows isn't normally suicidal.

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
@Colif IPDT Passed everything

im going to run the driver verifier one last time as i did get another BSOD like 4x in one game of league of legends
(will keep you posted on the results)

https://ufile.io/48mte (listed about 3 issues)

if all else fails then i'll swap out the ram 1 at a time and see how things go, really didnt want to do it with this laptop but if it'll rectify the issue then so be it

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/pgpg.html

File information:031019-10109-01.dmp (Mar 10 2019 - 13:33:05)
Bugcheck:BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorAVC.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: League of Legend)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
i havent finished the ram test yet , ill run it again a few more times, unfortunately its a 1 stick 8gb so it'd take awhile for each time , ill keep you updated, but regardless I also ordered a 2stick 4gb ram set so it'll unload into 2 rather than 1 stick as well as help with any ram issues i might have, hopefully all will be well

and i can as well refrain from leaving my laptop in cold enviorments to avoid condensation

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, iaStorAVC.sys crashed before, on your previous install, so at least its consistent.

Feb 07 2018iaStorAVC.sysIntel Rapid Storage Technology driver

try removing IRST and see if it stops that error.

good its not the CPU.

ntoskrnl does almost everything in windows so it being blamed is nothing new. Often it gets asked to do things it can't as it crashes, taking windows with it.

Last edited:

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
so far its been a few hours and no sign of BSOD after my new ram, opted out for Duo channel this time around since last time i realized it was a single sticfk of ram that came with the laptop , if anything isnt resolved truly or i run into any snags i'll let you know, either way ill be back to confirm a answer if all is well

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/K6dFQJLW

The https://pste.eu/ site seems slow today (or not loading at all) therefore I posted the text version to an alternate site.

File information:031519-13500-01.dmp (Mar 15 2019 - 19:55:28)
Bugcheck:BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LeagueClientUxRender.)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

This one didn't directly point to a driver.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Until we know results of memtest, all of these errors could be ram.

once we know for sure, then we can try some more tests if needed.
@Colif i ran mem test on 1 stick a few times and got 0 errors but multiple BSODs, when i get my stuff together ill check the other aas well if not run more tests on the current one i still have in the laptop

what do you believe the issue might be if not the ram?

Colif

Win 11 Master
keep giving us the bsod files, one of them might actually give us a driver name.

For the bad pool header error, its suggested to use Driver Verifier "Special Pool" option on the suspect driver. We could run driver verifier again given its a new install this time
Before running this,

1) search for “Create a restore point” and create a restore point

2) Create a bootable USB of Win 10 installer to use as a boot drive. download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

In case no one looks at this for a while, you can try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, upload the minidump file and we see what it shows us.

Steps 1 & 2 are just precautions as sometimes driver verifer can put you in a boot loop. If this happen, follow these steps to get out of it

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore and roll system back to restore point created in step 1. PC should boot normally.

TRENDING THREADS