cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
I updated my drivers and windows, then got stuck in a auto repair loop.

so for the longest time I've been getting "MEMORY_MANAGMENT" BSODs and some others I dont remember. i pretty much ignored them because my computer would start up after and be fine, til the next BSOD. today I decided i wanted it to stop, so I updated my drivers with driver booster and installed the new windows update and ran the memory diagnostic tool. when it loaded it said something like hardware problems detected then it went through and did its thing so I left it alone. after that start up repair happened and I tried the restart and the default startup repair, and went on YouTube to try and find a fix. I've probably been trying to solve this for the past 6 hours or so and im not really sure what to do. I could probably reset my PC but I dont want to if I dont have to.

another issue I just remembered was chrome giving me not enough memory errors, or atleast something along those lines. Minecraft was crashing a bunch too. im not sure if any of that is useful but I think it points to a memory issue that could potentially be causing this whole ordeal.

I have tried dskchk on my main drives to no results. I have also tried using a recovery drive and that also did nothing. I have also tried all of the startup settings and all of them returned me to the thing. except for disable automatic restart which just crashed my PC. I am able to get into the bios, at least.

any response, advice or help would be greatly appreciated im really lost here.

Last edited:
Solution
so I updated my drivers with driver booster
that isn't ideal, driver booster can install the wrong drivers. I have had it happen before.

Memory management errors can be caused by drivers, so updating them is a good idea, but not blindly using driver booster.
Out of memory errors can be caused by drivers not releasing the memory they ask for and instead asking for more until windows can't give anymore... it only has so much.

Have you tried system restore and rolling PC back to a point prior to running driver booster? it should have created a restore point before installing drivers. System Restore is on same menu as Startup repair.

Otherwise I can get you into safe mode

in the blue menus you are using to get to startup...

Colif

Win 11 Master
so I updated my drivers with driver booster
that isn't ideal, driver booster can install the wrong drivers. I have had it happen before.

Memory management errors can be caused by drivers, so updating them is a good idea, but not blindly using driver booster.
Out of memory errors can be caused by drivers not releasing the memory they ask for and instead asking for more until windows can't give anymore... it only has so much.

Have you tried system restore and rolling PC back to a point prior to running driver booster? it should have created a restore point before installing drivers. System Restore is on same menu as Startup repair.

Otherwise I can get you into safe mode

in the blue menus you are using to get to startup repair, choose Command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

restart PC and on Boot back up "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

If no BSOD in safe mode, I expect it is drivers.

Solution

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
thanks for your response, I guess I cant be lazy with driver booster anymore 😔. I wish I saw your response before I rescued my files and performed a reset. during the reset I got another BSOD for "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" while windows was copying the files onto my ssd. after that I got another weird error then I reset the partition with a slightly smaller size and tried again, and it finally worked. I also just remembered I got PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs along with the memory management ones, before the startup repair loop. what should I do to make sure I have the right drivers and don't experience anymore BSODs?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

if ram is okay,

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
page fault in non paged could be a driver or ram error. non paged pool is an area of ram only used for drivers.

TRENDING THREADS