Question BSOD's/error code 0x8007025d

Oct 20, 2024
i7 11700K (air cooled), msi mag z590 tomahawk wifi, 2x 16 Gb DDR Corsair vengeance, 6750 xt, 850 W psu.

Having... massive persistent issues with my machine. Started with tabs crashing in brave (chrome) randomly, led onto random BSOD's. usual error messages:

status_access _violation
status_stack_buffer_overflow

Eventually went to do a clean reinstall of windows and got the following error code:

0x8007025D

That stopped me from completing the install.

I ran memtest 86x once and got an all clear on my ram.

I ran into this post from 2016 which seems somewhat similar to my issue, are the solutions suggest here still kosher in 2024?

Thankyou for any help you can provide me, I am totally out of my depth here.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i7 11700K (air cooled)
How are you cooling the processor? Make and model of your case and the temps you see when the issue crops up?

msi mag z590 tomahawk wifi
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

850 W psu.
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Eventually went to do a clean reinstall of windows and got the following error code:
Did you recreate the bootable USB installer to rule out a corrupt installer?

You might want to pass on the .dmp files for us to go through.

Oct 20, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i7 11700K (air cooled)
How are you cooling the processor? Make and model of your case and the temps you see when the issue crops up?

msi mag z590 tomahawk wifi
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

850 W psu.
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Did you recreate the bootable USB installer to rule out a corrupt installer?

You might want to pass on the .dmp files for us to go through.
Corsair Airflow 4000D, Cooler, hyper 212. BSOD's come even when computer is at low load, so 35c or so.

Latest bios.

Corsair RM Series RM850 850W Modular 80+ Gold PSU. 2 years old, entire machine was put together in July 2022.

Yes I did, and tried it on a separate machine.

I will once I have some. I just formatted C: on a windows install attempt, but still getting random 0x8007025D error (sometimes).

Reactions: Lutfij
Oct 20, 2024
What hard drive do you have? Make, Model, Size ?
Crucial P5 Plus, 1TB.

I also have a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and an old 1 TB HDD, but problems persist even with those drives disconnected (windows installation is not on them).

When I was trying to troubleshoot the problem, I noticed some oily 'wetness' on my SSD*, but apparently that is normal?

*no liquid has gone anywhere near the inside of my case.

Lutfij

Titan
Latest bios.
For the sake of relevance, mentioning the BIOS version helps the community trying to respond. If you go through our threads you'll see people saying latest only for us to say you have a BIOS version pending update.

I noticed some oily 'wetness' on my SSD*
From a thermal pad? That's normal. The same kind of leeching happens on motherboard VRM's over time.

KingLoki

Upstanding
Jul 10, 2024
You should consider running reputable third-party hard drive testing/diagnostic software over it. Possible damaged hdd ??. Do you have another hard drive to temporarily try to install windows to, from the usb stick?. Alternatively, plug the drive into another port and try.

Oct 20, 2024
Latest bios.
For the sake of relevance, mentioning the BIOS version helps the community trying to respond. If you go through our threads you'll see people saying latest only for us to say you have a BIOS version pending update.

Vf0lth.jpg

I noticed some oily 'wetness' on my SSD*
From a thermal pad? That's normal. The same kind of leeching happens on motherboard VRM's over time.

Yes on the thermal pad.

HW Monitoring information - https://easyupload.io/46tnts

Note that I am currently only running 1 stick of my RAM since I am trying to see test each stick individually for problems.

Reactions: Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Running rams in slots A2 and B2, X.M.P enabled with memtest should flesh out the issue.

I just formatted C: on a windows install attempt, but still getting random 0x8007025D error (sometimes).
Disconnect all drives except the one you intend to install the OS onto. How did you fabricate your installer?

Try and bring up Disk Part to see if the drive you intend to install the OS on is MBR or GPT;
View: https://youtu.be/f81qKAJUdKc?t=105

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2024
Running rams in slots A2 and B2, X.M.P enabled with memtest should flesh out the issue.

That's slot 2 and 4? I am new at this... Is there a specific version of memtest that I should use? How many passes should I run?

I just formatted C: on a windows install attempt, but still getting random 0x8007025D error (sometimes).
Disconnect all drives except the one you intend to install the OS onto. How did you fabricate your installer?

Not sure what you mean by 'fabricate'. I downloaded it on another computer (laptop) and put it on a USB stick. I assume you're talking about drive format? You're gonna have to walk me through this.

Try and bring up Disk Part to see if the drive you intend to install the OS on is MBR or GPT;
View: https://youtu.be/f81qKAJUdKc?t=105

Can I check this from within windows? I.e. in disk management? Or do I need to run the installer again?

Just to clarify I am currently typing/posting this from the machine that's having issues. Windows install went off... seemingly ok. But the same thing happened (seemingly ok at first) the last time, until it didn't.

TRENDING THREADS