Mar 12, 2024
Hi guys
I have a desktop that I just rebuilt a few months back. Brand new CPU, GPU, mobi. Today our power went out for a little. PC is on a surge strip as my PSU died and I haven't had funds for a new one. My computer was off at the time but it powers up no issue, BUT, no graphics. I tried resetting cmos, took the graphics out and tried onboard to no success. I then put the graphics card back in, tried a different power cord (for the PC, not pcie), and took out dp and tried HDMI. Holy poop, fans spinning I got graphics! Said ok, look around, everything seemed fine. Shut it down, took it off my desk and put it back in it's spot, turn it on, fans arent spinning and no graphics, again :(. I lost at this point, tried the hole turn it off and press the power button to drain blah blah blah. Literally nothing changed but the angle of the machine (flat returned to normal position) and now no signal again and the fans are not spinning. I did noticed however, that when I do not have the pcie 8 pin connected to the GPU, I get the red light above the port, so tried a different brand new cable, in my modular PSU (so different port on the PSU as well) and nothing. Not sure what to do at this point.
6650xt xfx Radeon
B450m dsh3 by gigabyte
Ryzen 7 5700x

Lutfij

Titan
6650xt xfx Radeon
B450m dsh3 by gigabyte
Ryzen 7 5700x

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

TRENDING THREADS