BTX power supply??

skeeter

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
Looks like I may need a new power supply if I'm going to upgrade my video card :? Any suggestions on a good BTX supply?

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Looks like I may need a new power supply if I'm going to upgrade my video card :? Any suggestions on a good BTX supply?

From everything I have heard or seen lately, it seems the BTX standard has gotten sidelined. It was supposed to come out in force this year but so far there is only a trickle of cases and PSUs using the BTX standard available. If anyone has seen or heard differently please feel free to correct me.

With that said, there are four available on Newegg but the three I would look at are the OCZ's with the Powerstream SLI as your choice if you are gonna have an SLI system.

skeeter

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
From everything I have heard or seen lately, it seems the BTX standard has gotten sidelined. It was supposed to come out in force this year but so far there is only a trickle of cases and PSUs using the BTX standard available. If anyone has seen or heard differently please feel free to correct me.

With that said, there are four available on Newegg but the three I would look at are the OCZ's with the Powerstream SLI as your choice if you are gonna have an SLI system.

Thanks for the reply. I saw those 4 on newegg, just couldn't believe that was it... Oh well. No SLI, just wanting to upgrade to a single 6800GS. Right now my box hs a 300 watt supply; need at least 350 per the 6800GS specs. I will get something between 400-500 watts so I don't have this problem again later. Likely the OCZ-450... not much else out there.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
why BTX??? i mean its not really good as that all it does is just give more room to the CPU while starrve ariflow for thr GPU, this is good for intel chips where they run hotter, but not good for any kind of med- high GPU.... AMD chips won't benefit as much here too because they run cooler..... so why BTX?? even if you are going intel they don't offer all of their mobo in BTX..........

skeeter

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
why BTX??? i mean its not really good as that all it does is just give more room to the CPU while starrve ariflow for thr GPU, this is good for intel chips where they run hotter, but not good for any kind of med- high GPU.... AMD chips won't benefit as much here too because they run cooler..... so why BTX?? even if you are going intel they don't offer all of their mobo in BTX..........

I need a BTX power supply because I have a BTX box.

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I need a BTX power supply because I have a BTX box.

Is it a full BTX case or is it ATX/BTX?

Curious as well....what case is it?