xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hello! Im trying to build a budget PC for basic Autocad use ( nothing 3D modeling, just basic drawing and mostly 2D).

I was thinking on going:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
16g ddr4
b450m motherboard
SSD and stuff
450w PSU

Will Vega 8 be enough for this system? I need to run Chrome, Autocad, Office, etc .
Pretty much an office build.

Thanks!

Solution
UPDATE: it seems that having only a Ryzen 3 3200g at stock settings with 16gb DDR4 2666MHz RAM isnt enough to run AutoCAD at 2D drawing.
It seems the CPU is always maxed out because it has to do all CPU and GPU stuff...

What can i do? Adding a 1650 card will make things better? Or im CPU bound at 3.6GHz? Maybe OC a little bit...
A GPU will help immensely.

USAFRet

Titan
For a seriously expensive tool like AutoCad, you're cheaping out on the hardware?

Will it run? Almost certainly.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
For a seriously expensive tool like AutoCad, you're cheaping out on the hardware?

Will it run? Almost certainly.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements

I will be running a Free student version on it with basic drawing tools!

Thanks for the reply! Im super short on money. My concern is with the VEGA 8 GPU. Does autocad requieres a DEDICATED GPU?

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
UPDATE: it seems that having only a Ryzen 3 3200g at stock settings with 16gb DDR4 2666MHz RAM isnt enough to run AutoCAD at 2D drawing.
It seems the CPU is always maxed out because it has to do all CPU and GPU stuff...

What can i do? Adding a 1650 card will make things better? Or im CPU bound at 3.6GHz? Maybe OC a little bit...

USAFRet

Titan

A GPU will help immensely.

Solution