[SOLVED] Budget GPU upgrade for an M4 A88 + Phenom xII 955 system?

Rutwick

Prominent
Sep 15, 2019
Hi,

Here are my current specs:
Asus M4 A88 TD V/EVO Usb 3.0
AMD Phenom xii 955 BE @ 3.2 Ghz, never OC'd.
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Hynix 16 Gigs/1600 Mhz/DDR3 Ram in 4x4 setup
Cooler Master 650W PSU (Update: PCAR E3 600, which supposedly delivers 450W max)
Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid tower with 2 x 200 and 1 x 120 fan (can upgrade to have 3 more fans)

It's an old system, but it still rocks. I want to upgrade the GPU, but I don't want to go for a very expensive high end option since in the next year or two I will be rebuilding a new system, this year I have some other expenses lined up. Also when I sell this one off I can sell it off with the card. Keeping my budget as $200.

Please can you recommend me a good GPU?

Thanks a lot,
Rutwick

Last edited:
Solution
I would recommend Amd Rx 570 8gb $139 at Newegg. That is a lot of gpu power for the money I think. Remember your board has a pcie 16x at 2.0 So it may differ a little bit from 3.0 estimate fps.

Rutwick

Prominent
Sep 15, 2019
I would recommend Amd Rx 570 8gb $139 at Newegg. That is a lot of gpu power for the money I think. Remember your board has a pcie 16x at 2.0 So it may differ a little bit from 3.0 estimate fps.

Hey thanks a lot. I am looking into that card. Although when I am checking its price on Amazon it's showing me $280 approximately. :D Newegg doesn't deliver in India, afaik. But lemme check that option.

Edit:
The reviews look good, and Newegg does deliver in India. And moreover the prices are similar to your quote. One question, why are there various cards with huge differences in the prices?

Last edited:
Hey thanks a lot. I am looking into that card. Although when I am checking its price on Amazon it's showing me $280 approximately. :D Newegg doesn't deliver in India, afaik. But lemme check that option.

Edit:
The reviews look good, and Newegg does deliver in India. And moreover the prices are similar to your quote. One question, why are there various cards with huge differences in the prices?
Newegg is like a central station for companies selling their wares. So just like any store some have low prices, some have high prices.

Rutwick

Prominent
Sep 15, 2019
Newegg is like a central station for companies selling their wares. So just like any store some have low prices, some have high prices.

Aha. Understood.
Btw I did some research about my PSU, Cooler Master RS 600 PCAR E3, It claims to be a 600W PSU, and it seems that it actually delivers a max of 450W. Apparently CM does this often with their PSUs. With this new development, would the RX 570 still work for my system? Or is there another card I can look at?

Thank you!

Rutwick

Prominent
Sep 15, 2019
(Sorry for the delay, was travelling for work)

450w is the card's requirement, but what about the other components? I have got 2*200 mm fans, 4 RAM sticks, one 120 mm fan etc. They would share the 450w too right?

TRENDING THREADS