[SOLVED] Budget PC Build Advice

Nov 2, 2019
So hi guys!
I am currently building a new PC cuz I have to move back to Philippines. I have a budget of 33,000 php or 680 usd.
So here's my current PLAN build. (Some parts are ordered already)

CPU: i3 9100f (Bundle with MOBO) = 6749php/138usd
MOBO: Biostar H310m (Bundle with CPU)
GPU: Gigabyte 1650 super OC 4gb = 206usd
RAM: Team Elite Vulcan TUF 16gb 2x8 3200mhz = 74usd
PSU: Corsair CV450 = 50usd
Case: Fantech Pulse CG71 = 50usd
Monitor: Viewsonic VA2419-SH 24" IPS = 117usd
Fans: Any fan tbh = 1000php/20usd

Estimate total:
32,165php or 655usd
Note: I'm planning on replacing Corsair CV450 cuz I see alot of people saying its a bad PSU.
Could've went for an AMD Ryzen build but will cost more and I still need to buy a monitor.
I have a keyboard, mouse, and headset so no need to worry about it.

Do you guys have some tips or advice for my build? This will be mainly for gaming or school stuff. I'm actually thinking of reselling my GPU and downgrade, so I can go for Ryzen build and a somewhat better motherboard and better future proof build.

Solution
The 1650S is the furthest up I would go with a quad core cpu, you may have some cpu use issues here and there, but you should be able to dial the settings back for that.

The h310 chipset has a speed limitation of 2666Mhz, so if you can find cheaper ram that's 2666Mhz, do so.(it might be 2400Mhz with the i3, I forget)

The cv450 is group regulated. Group regulated units should not be used with modern builds and are only ever acceptable if it was in an older pc or as a very short term option. I'd never even think about using it in this situation.
Consider the be quiet U9, it is at least dc-dc on the secondary side and matches well with a 1650S.

I understand your budget, but just letting you know that lga 1151v2 has been replaced...
The 1650S is the furthest up I would go with a quad core cpu, you may have some cpu use issues here and there, but you should be able to dial the settings back for that.

The h310 chipset has a speed limitation of 2666Mhz, so if you can find cheaper ram that's 2666Mhz, do so.(it might be 2400Mhz with the i3, I forget)

The cv450 is group regulated. Group regulated units should not be used with modern builds and are only ever acceptable if it was in an older pc or as a very short term option. I'd never even think about using it in this situation.
Consider the be quiet U9, it is at least dc-dc on the secondary side and matches well with a 1650S.

I understand your budget, but just letting you know that lga 1151v2 has been replaced by lga 1200 now.

Last edited:
Solution
1 thing you can do is buy a used gaming pc.Or gaming parts.You cant really buy a 550$ PC now that will last you long without replacing core components shortly,because you would be cheaping out on either cpu or gpu.The main problem with building a budget pc now are the prices,they are through the roof now.I built my friend a gaming pc for 600$ by buying used parts.It features 2x8gb 3200mhz of ram,r5 1600af,aorus b450 elite,1070 ti and much more.You could go with that mobo+cpu combo but 4 cores and 4 threads are going to suffer in modern games.I suggest building or buying a ryzen 5 1600af pc,based on used parts.The main point is that you can get a much better pc by buying used parts.

Nov 2, 2019

I understand your budget, but just letting you know that lga 1151v2 has been replaced by lga 1200 now.
I'll consider that PSU, but do you think I'll be fine with CM MWE 550 GOLD? I saw it at linustechtips as a Tier B PSU and good for mid tier builds

Nov 2, 2019
1 thing you can do is buy a used gaming pc.Or gaming parts.You cant really buy a 550$ PC now that will last you long without replacing core components shortly,because you would be cheaping out on either cpu or gpu.The main problem with building a budget pc now are the prices,they are through the roof now.I built my friend a gaming pc for 600$ by buying used parts.It features 2x8gb 3200mhz of ram,r5 1600af,aorus b450 elite,1070 ti and much more.You could go with that mobo+cpu combo but 4 cores and 4 threads are going to suffer in modern games.I suggest building or buying a ryzen 5 1600af pc,based on used parts.The main point is that you can get a much better pc by buying used parts.
I also considered going for used parts, but I live in the province in the Philippines which means I'll have to drive 3-4 hours just to meet people selling those parts in Manila and yea, covid ☹️

Nov 2, 2019
Hey guys thanks for the help! This is my first time building my own PC! I'm so excited and a bit scared about bending the cpu pins. Wish me luck boys.
This is the build I went for.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600
MOBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
RAM: Team Elite Vulcan TUF 2x8 3200mhz
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1650 SUPER OC 4GB
STORAGE: addlink 256 gb
PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Gold 550w
CASE: Fantech Pulse CG71

Reactions: maxamillionfeettall
Hey guys thanks for the help! This is my first time building my own PC! I'm so excited and a bit scared about bending the cpu pins. Wish me luck boys.
This is the build I went for.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600
MOBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
RAM: Team Elite Vulcan TUF 2x8 3200mhz
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1650 SUPER OC 4GB
STORAGE: addlink 256 gb
PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Gold 550w
CASE: Fantech Pulse CG71
I wish you all the best.Its an amazing accomplishment when it works after all hours of building it.Enjoy it and good luck