GhostStripe

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hi, i'm wanting to build a computer for the first time so I have no idea where to start, I really don;t feel like looking through all the websites for compatible parts is a good use of my time. Is there a better way to find the parts or does anyone have any good suggestions for what i should look for or even have a good list of a good cheap gaming computer. I have limited money, like around $600 could stretch a little bit but would rather not. can anyone help me?

GhostStripe

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
ok ok i shoulda read the advice thingy first...
I'm looking more advice on what to look for cuz i have no idea how to build computers. I don;t need a mouse keyboard or monitor. I primarily play WoW and this computer would be dedicated to that. I'm new to this stuff and just any advice would be much appreciated.

As a general rule, coming in and saying you don't want to look at websites to look up parts (as you feel it isn't good use of your time) isn't the best way to get help. Folks on this site are very Do-It-Yourself types. :)

If you're looking for someone to complete a list of parts for you, I'd suggest you look in the "Homebuilt Systems" category and look through the plethora of forum threads on this exact same topic. You can pretty quickly find others who put together parts lists for a gaming PC near your price point. :)

Here's the thread Helloworld_98 was referring to.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265365-31-gaming

GhostStripe

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I'm sorry that whole thing about not looking it up on a website came out wrong, i meant that I have no idea where to start and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction i don;t mind actually looking up the parts and comparing and stuff. If I didn't want to actually find the stuff and make it mine i'd just save up a little longer and buy a prebuilt thing that hundreds of other people could get. Sorry i tend to do stuff like that, trying to make myself understood but use as few words as possible.

I'm saying again, i just need help being pointed in the right direction on what to look for and maybe why, but i will actually do the looking.