Building a WoW computer,tired of lag

revelbloke

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Hey guys, Like the title says im looking for a good WoW computer to last me for a while lag free, medium settings. I've been reading some of the forums here and im overwhelmed...some say this build or this build...im very confused. Anyway, yes it is strictly for wow nothing else. I dont have a monitor or mouse.

Ive been looking at some pre-made computers, but any info would really be helpful.

Here is one computer I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1263465762&pf_rd_i=565098

Side note, im not sure if im doing this in the right format (sorry) and what kind of security do you recomend?

mwohrlin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
It will be tough to get something that will run WoW decently for $600.00. Especially if you n eed to get a monitor as well. I got my rig at cyberpowerpc.com and it runs WoW like a dream. Check it out. I have done my research and found cyberpower to be the best deal on the net.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
The GPU may not be ideal on that machine, but it will play WoW at med/high settings. Plus it's upgradable if desired. For $530 it's pretty hard to beat (outside of custom building one of course).

allkindsoftime

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Don't ever buy a prebuilt computer, EVER. That is unless you like burning money. They overcharge on parts/labor/etc. You can custom build a way better computer for 530$ that will run WoW on Ultra settings with 35+fps. Not to mention the amount of problems that would surmise from buying an overpriced prebuilt computer. If the computer doesnt boot, you wouldnt know which parts are defective, whats unplugged,etc. There are customer reviews about people shipping back the prebuilt computers because they dont test the computers before shipping out, as there was a faulty psu/mobo/etc. Some people had to pay for the shipping back to ibuypower/cyberpowerpc, and they were out of a computer for 1 month+.

beefbravo+mworhlin are just advertising horrible computers.

Reviews on newegg about the prebuilt computers contain various bogus reviews from associates of the companys themselves.

If your new to computer building, I'd suggest looking at the 500$ performance pc december 2010 toms hardware article, and tweak what you want/don't want, as that pc with those parts itself will run WoW on high/ultra, and youll still have some leftover for a decent monitor/mouse.

If you don't know how to build a computer, order the parts, and take it to a mom/pop shop to assemble the pc together, they will charge way less on labor.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
First, I am not advertising for anyone or anything. I'm simply showing him some other pre built options because he specifically mentioned considering a pre-built system. I agree that you get better bang for your buck by building your own system, but he did not ask about specific parts or builds (he posted a link to an under powered pre-built machine). There is nothing wrong with buying a pre-built computer if it meets your needs (not everyone has the knowledge or time to build their own). Custom or personally built computers always deliver best bang for the buck value, but they too are prone to the same problems you list.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
True, the system built in the article mentioned by Allkindsoftime is great bang for your buck performance & true it certainly will play WoW on ultra. However that build will actually come in over the $600 budget when you add an OS (assuming a windows license is used/needed) and if you add in the labor of a "mom/pop" shop doing the build even more over budget. This leaves no room for a keyboard, mouse & monitor. However for the money it is a better build then the computer I linked (even if it will end up over your budget).

mwohrlin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Yea, you got me. I like advertising horrible computers. Its so fun. Thats my thing. Sheesh, get a clue dude.

allkindsoftime

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

It's funny, your saying this post, isn't blatant advertising? Might wanna do some more research on parts and computers, or stop representing your company in such an immature light.

mwohrlin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

The original poster was asking for suggestions on pre-build computers and I provided a suggestion. You may want to read the original post before chiming in next time.