Feb 20, 2020
Hello!
I am planning to build a PC that is around 550$. I am not from the USA there for the available rebates won't be usable for me. Right now, my specs that am I considering is

Processor: Ryzen 5 3400G
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX
RAM: Team T-Force T1 DDR4 PC21000 Dual Channel 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: V-GEN M.2 SATA 128GB TURBO
HDD: WDC Blue 500GB 3.5"
Power Supply: Deepcool DN-500

I have a couple of questions that linger in my head about my PC build.

1. Does the motherboard that I selected could be handle 4.0 GHz overclock? If not, what could be a better swap for the motherboard?
  2. Do the PSU that I have selected is okay enough for me to use? considering my budget, is it okay for 2-3 years? If not, what could be a better alternative?
  3. If I plan to upgrade with a discreet GPU for my PC, probably 1650 SUPER, could the wattage, bottlenecking could be a problem? What better GPU alternatives for my PC?

Thank you for reading my first post, i hope i can find a better solution for this.

Solution
The build would seem fine for those uses. Less so the AAA games - depends on the title.

Money may be limited, but a few things to consider (and may depend on local pricing):

-1TB HDD is little more expensive than 500gb and will be a bit faster and give twice the storage

- likewise 240gb SSD would let you keep some games on there for faster loading. 128gb is very, very bare-bones these days.

- An R5 2600 / 2600x / R5 1600 "AF" may be little more expensive and serve as a much better gaming CPU going forward. You'd need a dedicated GPU but either a cheap GT710 could do, or you said you were thinking of getting an entry level gaming GPU

- Look into PSUs before deciding to go with a Deepcool DN500. You don't need a...

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
What are you going to use the PC for exactly? Would help with suggestions :)

And what case are you using, plus do you need a Windows licence within the budget?

Assume you already have monitor, KB +M?

Feb 20, 2020
What are you going to use the PC for exactly? Would help with suggestions :)

And what case are you using, plus do you need a Windows licence within the budget?

Assume you already have monitor, KB +M?

PC is going to used for campus and gaming. might be purely for CSGO, Dota 2 and maybe some 3A games in the future

For the case, it would be a Techware Nexus C White. I dont really need windows license

Monitor will be bought seperately, but its an Armageddon PIXXEL (cheap alt for 75Hz with IPS display)

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
The build would seem fine for those uses. Less so the AAA games - depends on the title.

Money may be limited, but a few things to consider (and may depend on local pricing):

-1TB HDD is little more expensive than 500gb and will be a bit faster and give twice the storage

- likewise 240gb SSD would let you keep some games on there for faster loading. 128gb is very, very bare-bones these days.

- An R5 2600 / 2600x / R5 1600 "AF" may be little more expensive and serve as a much better gaming CPU going forward. You'd need a dedicated GPU but either a cheap GT710 could do, or you said you were thinking of getting an entry level gaming GPU

- Look into PSUs before deciding to go with a Deepcool DN500. You don't need a platinum-rated Seasonic but there may be much better quality ones for little extra cash.

-3200MHz RAM, ideally for any Ryzen CPU and especially for an APU. Given that 16gb should do you for the lifespan of the system, it is worth the small extra investment

Solution