Question Built a new pc and with my new cpu, it will only boot up properly when ram is in single channel.

Mar 5, 2021
Ok, so I have just built a brand new pc. Everything is out of the box except for the PSU and the GPU. When I put it all together with my 4 sticks of ram I was getting the dram light on the motherboard saying something is wrong with the ram basically. After a bunch of messing around I found out it worked when I had ram only in a single channel. So let me first go over my build:
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 8gb
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550 F-gaming
  • RAM: Cosair Vengeance 4x8gb 4000mhz
  • Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73
  • PSU: Cosair TX850 (Silver Certified)
Okay so I guess now I should go over some interesting out comes and attempts I've tried to fix this:
  • Check for bent pins on CPU and have reseated it a few times to make sure
  • Made sure Cooler is not on too snug or uneven
  • Can run dual channel with my old CPU ryzen 5 1600 with the same RAM
  • Have tried using the VMP profile type setting in bios
  • Bios is updated to the newest version
  • Updated chipset software as well
So I guess this only leaves the CPU being faulty, broken, or incompatible with the current build I have. From everything I've looked up I do believe it is compatible with my build and on the outside at least I see no issues with bent pins or anything. So I guess I'm just seeing if anybody has any other ideas, opinions, or experiences with this type of issue before. I guess if nothing works for a while I will resort to buying another new CPU, but I'd first want to try every option before it comes to that because this the second new CPU i bought since the first one I bought came in with bent pins and I had to buy the second. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Similar happened to me in past (some RAM stick not being recognized).
Anyway, after fitting RAM sticks into different slots (just by replacing them), was always a success for me (except once, when it turned out one stick was broken).
Of course, you should have BIOS at default settings -but you know that already, I guess.

Mar 5, 2021
Similar happened to me in past (some RAM stick not being recognized).
Anyway, after fitting RAM sticks into different slots (just by replacing them), was always a success for me (except once, when it turned out one stick was broken).
Of course, you should have BIOS at default settings -but you know that already, I guess.
So for you, you just shuffled around your ram sticks until they were recognized? lol I mean I would try that, but all the ram seemed to work fine when I put my old CPU in the build