Question Buy X670 now or wait?

ps2cho

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
I would like to move from my 5800x3d to AM5 platform.

With the impending release of Ryzen 9000, should I consider waiting for the new chipsets to come out, or would it be fine watching for sales and snag a motherboard and RAM until the CPUs come out?

I’ve heard the new chipsets are supposed to see a bump in RAM speed support but I don’t know if that will translate to anything meaningful?

Caveat,..I am ITX- any ideas if there will be any ITX released in the new chipset?
Chipset has nothing to do with RAM, control is located in the processor. only difference could be that MBs with higher chipset of same generation have better support to distinguish them from cheaper MBs.
Ryzen 9000 series are supposed to have faster IMC controller. that's all concerning RAM.
Next generation of AMd chipset will be 800 series, unknown when but only with better and faster I/O and peripherals. Unless that is very important for you, 600 chipset series will be just as compatible. Prices for new MBs are bound to be higher in the beginning so you might have to wait a while to "snag" a good deal soon.