Hrsn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2019
System Builder - Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO, iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

A few questions: (i will be playing 1440p 34" curved screen)

Will I be able to run all new games e.g. Dying Light 2 etc?
Do you see any bottlenecks in the system?
Do you have any concerns with the parts fitting in the case or working with other components?
Will temps be good?

And just any other general concerns or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

This will be my first build and I would like to know as much as possible before starting.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Modified with some better parts...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | £315.95 @ Box Limited
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler | £89.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard | Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard | £113.39 @ Amazon UK
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | £159.82 @ Scan.co.uk
Storage | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £188.44 @ Amazon UK
Video Card | MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card | £889.00 @ Computer Orbit
Case | Lian Li...
Modified with some better parts...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | £315.95 @ Box Limited
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler | £89.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard | Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard | £113.39 @ Amazon UK
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | £159.82 @ Scan.co.uk
Storage | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £188.44 @ Amazon UK
Video Card | MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card | £889.00 @ Computer Orbit
Case | Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case | £95.00 @ Computer Orbit
Power Supply | Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | £84.99 @ AWD-IT
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £1936.58
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-10 12:30 GMT+0000 |

Alternatively...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU | Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor | £349.61 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard | Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | £197.13 @ Technextday
Case | Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case | £95.00 @ Computer Orbit
Power Supply | Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | £84.99 @ AWD-IT
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £2053.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-10 12:32 GMT+0000 |

Reactions: Archaic59
Solution
Your parts will work.
But, I have some thoughts:

For fast action gaming, particularly at higher than 1080P resolution, concentrate on a great graphics card.
If you can trade off a lesser cpu for a 3080 card, that would be a good thing.
Still a 3070ti is a great graphics option.

I do not like spending almost as much for an aio cooler as the cpu.
Only if you will be heavily overclocking would that seem like a good idea.
An overlooked consideration on such an aio would be that your graphics card and motherboard vrm coolers will be using heated radiator air from a front mounted aio.

Games will rarely use more than 4-6 threads effectively so heat generation is not what you would see from stress testers. You would do equally well with a Noctua NH-D15s at half the price of the 360 aio.

I like your case, which is a good one for air cooling.

The psu is of decent quality and 850w is a good number. 3000 series graphics cards can have heavy power spikes.
I think it has only a 5 year warranty. I would look for a version with a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Seasonic focus may be a good option.

On ram, you are paying extra for RGB "bling. That is ok if that is what you want.
Me, I would go with simple LPX or g.skil ram.
Ryzen performance depends on fast ram. You might want faster cas 16 3600 speed ram.

Unless you are dead set on ryzen, the similarly priced I7-12700K is stronger, particularly in single thread performance.
Single thread performance is what most games, including Dying light really seem to need most.

Most any Z690 DDR4 motherboards will do. DDR5 options today are not worth it.
DDR5 is harder to find and more expensive. DDR4 3600 speed cas 18 is fine for Intel.

A plus for the 12700K is the inclusion of integrated graphics. That could get you started if you need to shop for a graphics card.

For a first time builder:

MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a long #2 magnetic tip philips screwdriver.
A small led flashlight will also be useful.
I find it handy to buy a power switch like this for testing.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812119009?Description=power switch&cm_re=power_switch--12-119-009--Product&quicklink=true
1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functionality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
  1. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
  2. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
  3. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
  4. Install windows.
  5. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
  1. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft defender is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
  2. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
As a tip when screwing the motherboard into the posts, give the screw a small counterclockwise turn until you feel a click.
That lets you know that the screw will engage properly.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
  1. Update windows to currency.
  2. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
  3. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.
  4. Opinions vary on updating the bios. On a new build, I will update to currency right away. My thought is that I have no big loss if I encounter a problem. Use the usb option, not the windows option.

System Builder - Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO, iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

A few questions: (i will be playing 1440p 34" curved screen)

Will I be able to run all new games e.g. Dying Light 2 etc?
Do you see any bottlenecks in the system?
Do you have any concerns with the parts fitting in the case or working with other components?
Will temps be good?

And just any other general concerns or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

This will be my first build and I would like to know as much as possible before starting.
You will be able to run any game available today with those parts including Dying Light 2. 1440p is very demanding though particularly if it's above 60hz, in some games you will have to make some graphical compromises or rely on DLSS. All games will run well though.

In terms of bottlenecks, you will always have a bottleneck of some description. In your case the bottleneck will be your GPU. I would not buy a B450 board for a 5800X, you are much better off with a B550.

The 5800X is a hot chip but the cooler you have chosen should give you good temps. Otherwise you have chosen your parts well.

Hrsn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2019
Your parts will work.
But, I have some thoughts:

For fast action gaming, particularly at higher than 1080P resolution, concentrate on a great graphics card.
If you can trade off a lesser cpu for a 3080 card, that would be a good thing.
Still a 3070ti is a great graphics option.

I do not like spending almost as much for an aio cooler as the cpu.
Only if you will be heavily overclocking would that seem like a good idea.
An overlooked consideration on such an aio would be that your graphics card and motherboard vrm coolers will be using heated radiator air from a front mounted aio.

Games will rarely use more than 4-6 threads effectively so heat generation is not what you would see from stress testers. You would do equally well with a Noctua NH-D15s at half the price of the 360 aio.

I like your case, which is a good one for air cooling.

The psu is of decent quality and 850w is a good number. 3000 series graphics cards can have heavy power spikes.
I think it has only a 5 year warranty. I would look for a version with a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Seasonic focus may be a good option.

On ram, you are paying extra for RGB "bling. That is ok if that is what you want.
Me, I would go with simple LPX or g.skil ram.
Ryzen performance depends on fast ram. You might want faster cas 16 3600 speed ram.

Unless you are dead set on ryzen, the similarly priced I7-12700K is stronger, particularly in single thread performance.
Single thread performance is what most games, including Dying light really seem to need most.

Most any Z690 DDR4 motherboards will do. DDR5 options today are not worth it.
DDR5 is harder to find and more expensive. DDR4 3600 speed cas 18 is fine for Intel.

A plus for the 12700K is the inclusion of integrated graphics. That could get you started if you need to shop for a graphics card.

For a first time builder:

MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a long #2 magnetic tip philips screwdriver.
A small led flashlight will also be useful.
I find it handy to buy a power switch like this for testing.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812119009?Description=power switch&cm_re=power_switch--12-119-009--Product&quicklink=true
1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functionality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
  1. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
  2. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
  3. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
  4. Install windows.
  5. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
  1. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft defender is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
  2. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
As a tip when screwing the motherboard into the posts, give the screw a small counterclockwise turn until you feel a click.
That lets you know that the screw will engage properly.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
  1. Update windows to currency.
  2. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
  3. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.
  4. Opinions vary on updating the bios. On a new build, I will update to currency right away. My thought is that I have no big loss if I encounter a problem. Use the usb option, not the windows option.
Thank you for the length response, much appreciated.

I was planning on top mounting the Rad with a push configuration, a bit like in this video: Building a PC in the Corsair 4000X (5600X + RTX 3060) - YouTube
What do you think? I was thinking of using the 3 fans on the case at the front to take in cold air, and then the AIO at the top and the back fan to exhaust the hot air.

Do you think that would work?
Temps are very important to me.

I don't mind swapping out the RAM as RGB is not really that important - I'd prefer to get the RAM with best performance.

If this is your case, it allows for a 360 aio mounting only in front, not on top:
https://www.newegg.com/black-corsair-icue-4000x-rgb-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139159

Sorry, I do not have the patience to watch a one hour build video.
If cpu temps are all important, on this case, the best would be to mount the radiator in front.

Really, it might be better to look for a different case if you really want 360 or480 aio cooling.
At the aio280 level or below, air is equally good.

Look at lian li O11 cases.
Lian-li makes top quality cases.