Buying preowned gaming computer need advice

bsk1ng

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
http://fayar.craigslist.org/sys/5156628510.html

Rosewill Throne full sized pc tower case (5 fans, adjustable air vents, and fan speed, lights up red)

Samsung dvd writer

AMD R9 270X 2GB graphics card

AMD FX 9590 8-core 5.0 GHz Max Turbo Processor

G.Skill Ripjaws Z87 8GB RAM

Cooler Master TPC 612 CPU Cooler

Thermaltake 80 plus Gold certified 750W power supply

ASUS Crossshair V Formula-Z AMD crossfire X SLI ready Motherboard

Razer Anansi multi LED light up gaming keyboard

Samsung 23'' LED monitor

Netgear wireless Network adapter

1TB Hardrive

I am considering buying this computer to be a mid level gaming rig. Is this a decent setup? I am planning on making him a offer since he seems fairly desperate to sell it. What should I offer him for just the tower, no monitor or peripherals? Thanks.

Solution
Oh Craigslist, my love.

I buy and sell towers on craigs monthly for a small percentage of my repair shop's annual income. Try telling a buyer on craigslist there's sales tax!

Anyway, that tower would be enough for playing most games at 1080p around medium-high settings with decent frames. Though this is used. That is an extremely hot running processor. My estimate would involve you needing to first do a fresh install of your own OS(you should always when buying used) and possibly replacing the heatsink. The reviews on that cooler are wonky, and this processor requires legit cooling.

Overall, I wouldn't pay a cent over $550 for this, IF I was the end buyer. But I'd try to get it for closer to $450. Desperation on their part and the...

sammy sung

Distinguished
Oh Craigslist, my love.

I buy and sell towers on craigs monthly for a small percentage of my repair shop's annual income. Try telling a buyer on craigslist there's sales tax!

Anyway, that tower would be enough for playing most games at 1080p around medium-high settings with decent frames. Though this is used. That is an extremely hot running processor. My estimate would involve you needing to first do a fresh install of your own OS(you should always when buying used) and possibly replacing the heatsink. The reviews on that cooler are wonky, and this processor requires legit cooling.

Overall, I wouldn't pay a cent over $550 for this, IF I was the end buyer. But I'd try to get it for closer to $450. Desperation on their part and the offer of CASH/NOW from you can grease wheels, generally.

Solution