[SOLVED] Buzzing sound from Laptop

Elias_elie

Commendable
Aug 21, 2020
Hi. I bought this laptop two days ago. When i started it for the first time there was a buzzing/flicker or maybe like whirling/vibrating
sound coming from the bottom of it but after 5-6 minutes it stopped.
Today I turned it on and there was similar but faint sound coming from it but it stopped after 2-3 minutes. I think happened because I turn it on after long time. It has i3 10g with SSD.
I just want to know if its normal for it to happen or is it something I should be worried about ?

Solution
Hi there,

Is yours a Dell laptop? I own a Dell G5 and experienced a similar problem, same squeaking/buzzing sound during the initial stage, but once I started using the device on a regular basis, I hardly hear the noises. Even if you set your laptop on low power mode, there is every chance that you might experience this, which is completely fine, and you have nothing to worry about.

Do share the model of laptop you own.

Glad to be of help!
Aug 24, 2020
Hi there,

Is yours a Dell laptop? I own a Dell G5 and experienced a similar problem, same squeaking/buzzing sound during the initial stage, but once I started using the device on a regular basis, I hardly hear the noises. Even if you set your laptop on low power mode, there is every chance that you might experience this, which is completely fine, and you have nothing to worry about.

Glad to be of help!

Reactions: Elias_elie
Solution

Elias_elie

Commendable
Aug 21, 2020
Hi there,

Glad to be of help!
Hi Brian, Thank you very much. I'm using Asus Vivobook 15 x512fa with i3 10g, 512Gb SSD. Its actually a non gaming Laptop. I asked support agent about this problem and they told me that hard drives usually make low-pitched whirring or whining noises, when they're booting up.
Although I'm not really sure if SSD makes the same sound too or is it due to fan or something like 'c3 power state of cpu' ?

Last edited: