[SOLVED] Cabinet horizontal vs vertical position

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All

I have laid down my cabinet horizontally to avoid the GPU sagging or to prevent damage on pcie slot due to heavyweight of my GPU When i have placed my cabinet vertically.

Now in horizontal position of my cabinet. Gravity affect and heavy weight of gpu got cancelled .

My question.

Now entire gpu weight comes over the motherboard. Is there any chance that gpu weight can break my motherboard in horizontal position of cabinet as well?

I hope its more safer than if i stand my cabinet in vertical position.

Solution
Thank for your response

I don't care about thermal at all. That i will handle

Why I kept my cabinet in horizontal position because my computer table has wheels so frequently I move my table from my living room to bedroom and vice versa.

So if i keep my cabinet in vertical position. The gpu weight will definitely break the pcie slit or motherboard because some vibration always happens if you move computer table.

So I thought to cancel the gravity affect of my gpu weight i will put my cabinet in horizontal position.

Let me know if I have done something wrong.

The only aspect I would warn of would be bumps and such along the path. If the floor is perfectly smooth it likely should not be a problem.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It really doesn't matter to the hardware which way you align it. Make sure that your case still has adequate air flow for the other position, particularly if designed to be vertical. The only other aspect it could cause issue with is an AIO based on how it's installed.

Reactions: anjris

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
It really doesn't matter to the hardware which way you align it. Make sure that your case still has adequate air flow for the other position, particularly if designed to be vertical. The only other aspect it could cause issue with is an AIO based on how it's installed.
Thank for your response

Why I kept my cabinet in horizontal position because my computer table has wheels so frequently I move my table from my living room to bedroom and vice versa.

So if i keep my cabinet in vertical position. The gpu weight will definitely break the pcie slit or motherboard because some vibration always happens if you move computer table.

So I thought to cancel the gravity affect of my gpu weight i will put my cabinet in horizontal position.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Thank for your response

The only aspect I would warn of would be bumps and such along the path. If the floor is perfectly smooth it likely should not be a problem.

Reactions: anjris
Solution